Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Listening to My Instinct

I'm thinking of legally changing my name to Hermit. I mostly stay home anymore in addition to trips to the gym.

I used to go places a few times a week with the kids and today I'm sitting here contemplating whether to take Jake and Jess to B&N for a story hour.

But my mother's instinct screams at me not to do it because instead of paying attention to the story, I just know that Jake will want to maul the book displays in search for something to buy. And I picture myself tearing him away from the shelves and me becoming red faced and sweaty from holding in my urge to scream at him to sit the hell down and listen to the damned story.

So, maybe I won't take them there.

I'm off to find another place to take them today that won't be so anxiety inducing.

5 Comments:

  • Does your local library have a story hour? At least there's nothing to buy at the library!

    By Blogger Lyrehca, at 1/23/2007 10:59 AM  

  • Yeah, but not today. I was hoping to get them out specifically today, but as you can see, since I'm replying at 11:00, we never went :)

    I think I'll bake something with them. It's educational enough and they'll behave while licking the bowl.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/23/2007 11:02 AM  

  • LOL - you know, I feel that way sometimes too. I feel like I'm the entertainer if we don't go somewhere. It's like my kids have no clue how to use their imaginations anymore ... ugh (then I feel guilty). Yes, yes, lots of fun.

    Speaking of baking - I think I'll go do a bit of that myself :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/23/2007 3:20 PM  

  • Sometimes i feel i HAVE to go out to entertain Emma. But those are the times we end up relaxing and playing at home. They end up being the best days. Especially now when it is so damn cold out, with the snow-suit, boots, scarf...then there is her with hers....;)
    What did you bake?
    btw..thanks for commenting and noting that you wanted denise to post once too. I think everyones spouse/partner/friend should post once on our blogs. that would be way cool.

    By Blogger Chris, at 1/23/2007 9:25 PM  

  • Oh man you need a place like Jungle Jim's or Bounce U. You pay $5 and they go on their merry way to play and destroy at will. No clean up required...

    By Blogger Erica, at 1/24/2007 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home