Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Skirting Disaster....Inviting Disaster

Apparently Brendon had that stinkin' bug that Jeff and I had over Christmas weekend. Acheyness, vomiting, headachey.

I thought I was in for a doozy by keeping the lows at bay when Brendon couldn't keep anything down at all...all day long.

Miracle of all miracles he wound up holding quite well. Here's the glucose readings and the times taken:

6:15 a.m=212

7 a.m.=185 (at this point I reduced his basal by 50% for several hours to counteract the carbs not taken in)

8:40 a.m.=170

10 a.m.=174

Noon=177

2 p.m.=178

Jeff extended the 50% rate for several more hours.
I guess he kicked the bug soon after because he wanted to get dressed and began acting like his old crazy self again.

By 5 p.m. he jumped up to a 322

Aside from the 322, I couldn't believe he held like that.

On the disasterous note, I have gained weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even with the Triathlon training I'm going through. It's no mystery as to why...I'm eating crap...and too much of it.

So I've decided to join the OC Challenge. I must prevail!!

2 Comments:

  • Glad to hear that he's feeling better!

    Also glad to hear that you're joining the OC New Me Challenge! The more the merrier in my book.

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 1/11/2007 10:48 AM  

  • That's great his number stayed in check while he was sick - whew! I hate it when things go all wonky when they're throwing up :(

    Good for you for joining the challenge! I think my scale is screwed, apparently I've gained 3 lbs since yesterday ... hmph. Time to check into something a bit more accurate (and no, I didn't pig out or anything yesterday to warrant that number !! LOL - but it definitely put a damper on my day - grrrrr).

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/11/2007 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home