Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, December 29, 2006

This Is More My Speed

There is another writers' contest which is the complete opposite of the deadly NaNoMoWri contest.

It's called the Short Short Short Short Short Short Fiction Competition. You must write a story in only six words. Ernest Hemingway was able to write a heartbreaking story in merely six words: "For Sale. Baby Shoes. Never Worn."

The competition closes at midnight on December 31, 2006.

My short story is:

Ambitious Wallstreeter will work for food.

8 Comments:

  • Have you been watching the Pursuit of Happyness trailers? lol

    I like it :-) It does remind me of that story.

    By Blogger Erica, at 12/29/2006 8:37 AM  

  • LOL...I didn't even think about that, but now I'm laughing because it does fit, doesn't it?

    By Blogger Shannon, at 12/29/2006 8:50 AM  

  • Fantastic. :)

    "Siah glared menacingly. Three plants died."

    There's mine.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 12/29/2006 9:34 AM  

  • off topic: I have my blog set up to email me when I get comments and when you comment I get a weird delivery failure notice message. Do you have your blog set to an old email?

    By Blogger Erica, at 12/29/2006 9:43 AM  

  • I got rid of that email address. I didn't hook up my other address. It's sjbjlewis@comcast.net

    By Blogger Shannon, at 12/29/2006 9:45 AM  

  • Does this mean you are on your way to handling a second resolution already? lol You are on a streak.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 12/29/2006 7:03 PM  

  • Six words I can handle...isn't this a creative : do-able challenge!?

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 1/01/2007 5:10 PM  

  • Wow...i leave for a few days and this is what your up to. Triatholon...girl you so can do it. Once you have that bug and get past some milestones in training you will do it and do it well.
    Good luck and keep me posted.

    By Blogger Chris, at 1/01/2007 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home