Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Top 5 of 2006

Thanks goes to Kerri for giving a wonderful diversion to cleaning, laundry, and general things that grownup responsible people need to do.

2006 Year End Top Five

Top Five Resolutions for 2007
1. Drop my final 19 pounds.
2. Cook on more days than we order takeout.
3. Make a concerted effort to pick up freelance work (the writing kind).
4. Keep up with the housework.
5. Shave my legs more than once per winter season.

Top Five Albums/Songs You're Embarrassed to Admit Loving
1. Any song by Air Supply
2. Sister Christian by .38 Special
3. Bat Out Of Hell album by Meatloaf
4. Yellow Brick Road by Elton John
5. Jump by Kris Kross



Top Five Fictional People You'd Like to Ride in a Hot Air Balloon With
1. Huck Finn
2. Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants
3. Gonzo from The Muppets
4. Cartman
5. Mr. Big from Sex And The City

And the bonus question: Who's your favorite reindeer of the

12 Comments:

  • Good choices Shannon, you are a riot.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 12/21/2006 10:22 AM  

  • I was ridiculed in the car yesterday for being the one who WANTED to listen to Air Supply. (And I'm 10-15 years younger than the other two people.)

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 12/21/2006 10:59 AM  

  • Haha!! Kris Kross! They rule - whatever happened to those crazy hyper backwards clothes wearing dudes?

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 12/21/2006 11:20 AM  

  • Ditto on Kriss Kross. And so ditto on Mr. Big. That'd be so awesome.

    By Blogger Lyrehca, at 12/21/2006 1:04 PM  

  • Excellent answers. I'm really digging people's "hot air balloon" responses. Gonzo would be awesome.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 12/21/2006 1:54 PM  

  • Sister Christian was on the radio on the way to work today. Holy irony Batman.
    I cannot listen to Air Supply without getting a lump in my throat and the urge to tape songs on my tape recorder off of the radio.
    Love your answers.
    Chris (rubbing)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2006 11:14 PM  

  • LOL!!!! I used to have a boom box and tape songs! I hated that the DJ would cut into the song at the end by talking over the music. He didn't allow for that "authentic" quality to the tape.

    Ha! Brendon read this over my shoulder and he asked "Mommy, what's a boom box?" This kid has ALOT to learn....like what's a turntable?

    By Blogger Shannon, at 12/22/2006 6:44 AM  

  • haha I was just going through cds last night to add to my itunes library. I found all my favorite old angsty mix tapes from HS! I don't think I even have a tape player anymore though...

    By Blogger Erica, at 12/22/2006 9:03 AM  

  • Great choices Shannon. I could handle being in a balloon with Mr. Big too.

    ROFLMAO at taping songs off the radio. I guess I wasn't the only one who did that, huh?? LOL. Oh the memories!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 12/22/2006 2:21 PM  

  • I guess that was the 80's way of downloading songs, LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 12/22/2006 2:34 PM  

  • ....and coming to France!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 12/24/2006 5:32 AM  

  • Oh Corey that should've been #1 on my list!!

    And it's the one I'm sure I won't break!!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 12/24/2006 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home