Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, December 15, 2006

Challenge

Winter is closing in and I'm getting that nesting urge where I want to declutter the house and cook....in the kitchen....using the stove.....

So far I've gone through my room and threw out everything I haven't used and didn't know I had. Everything now has a place and is in my room because I use it. Anything extra, like memorabilia, fits neatly into a box that sits on my closet shelf.

Jessica's room is now free of clutter, unplayedwith toys, and everything has a place. Plus, all of the parts and pieces to her toys are grouped together! Nothing's missing or broken.

Brendon's room presents a challenge because he has so many different things that have multiple parts that need to be put together that it's difficult to tell which part goes with which set of toys. For instance, he has 2 or 3 race car tracks that may or may not have all of their parts, and to top it off, I can't figure out which parts to put with which set.

Jacob's room is easy because he hardly has anything in it. He basically feeds off of his brother's and sister's toy scraps.

As for cooking, summer seems to catch me in a slump because of the heat and activities I'd rather do than cook. But, now that winter is approaching, I'm surfing the cooking blogs looking for inspiration for meals to make.

I'd like to break through my winter boredom by making challenging meals that need precision and expertise.

I'm pretty good at cooking the basics with a minimal amount of ingredients, but now I'd like to try more advanced recipes.

NOTE: Is it me, or are my posts completely and utterly boring. Nothing funny has happened and I've not felt very humorous lately. I hope I get out of this boring-slump. Something funny needs to happen....and soon!

2 Comments:

  • No your posts are far from boring. It seems the more we get to know you and your family through here the little things like how thier bedrooms are set up and what to cook for dinner takes on a entire different interest.
    I looove to cook and i find winter brings me to a turning point due to the change in seasonal fruits and veggies and i go for much fuller and comfort type cooking as well.

    By Blogger Chris, at 12/16/2006 9:25 AM  

  • Cooking tonight and Chinese tomorrow, you are funny!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 12/16/2006 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home