Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, December 11, 2006

Holiday Follies

We have a gas fireplace with a glass plate in front of the fake wood. Last night, Jessica asked me how Santa would get out of the fireplace with the glass being in the way. I've found the best way to get out of answering a question in a sticky situation is to volley a question back to the other person. "How do YOU think Santa would get past the glass?" Jessica replied with a whole theory of Santa having invisible powers and being able to get through the glass. I found that to be completely implausible because invisibility doesn't mean you have the power to transfer THROUGH solid objects. But, I let it go because she was satisfied with her own explanation and I was off the hook of coming up with something of my own.

Today I'm starting Christmas AND Hannukah shopping. We get a few Christmas gifts for the kids because our relatives send them gifts since they live so far away. Our few mixed with their many looks like a lot of gifts to the kids....so that leaves us off the hook for buying more.

And then there's Hannukah. 8 nights of gifts X 3 kids = 24 gifts. Do you know how difficult it is to find 24 different kinds of gifts? It's damned hard...THAT'S how difficult it is.

I'm off to make my list and check it twice. Happy friggin Holidays to you all.

3 Comments:

  • Ah, thanks for giving me the link back to your blog. I'm glad to see that everything is working ok for you now - what a mess!

    24 gifts - woah ... and I was complaining about the kids birthdays being right after xmas (and having to buy all those gifts)! Congrats on being able to avoid the whole santa in the fireplace scenario lol. We don't have a fireplace (yet ... I want one someday!). I know the question will come up about how is santa going to get into our house. I'll just use the same explanation my mom gave us when we were kids (we had no fireplace then, either) .... we'll just leave the front door unlocked and he can come in that way .... :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 12/11/2006 4:08 PM  

  • Holy cow! I'd be counting individual crayons in that 24 LOL! Or buying a boxed set of books and taking them out and wrapping them individually - haha

    We weren't planning on getting much for the baby - but Hannah is old enough now to ask why Katelyn didn't get any (or as many) presents.

    What the heck do you get a 3 month old when they have everything from your first child, including clothing AND toys?!

    By Blogger Erica, at 12/12/2006 8:48 AM  

  • We can barely make it through ONE holiday, so hats off to you! (I also need 24 gifts - 3kids x 8nights - yikes!)

    Nice new URL, btw.

    By Blogger AmyT, at 12/12/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home