Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Switch This Resolution To #2 On My List

One of my 2007 resolutions is to potty train Jacob once and for all. He's been doing pretty good thus far. He's been wearing underwear more often than not, he's had just a couple of peepee accidents and one night he even stayed dry overnight.

The only downside is his penchant for pinching a loaf in his underwear. Twice he's done this. He'll be walking around and I'll see a lump in the back of his underwear. I've noticed he doesn't poop as often as he normally does...I think he's holding them in! TMI here, but it winds up being about the size of an orange. Luckily it's solid enough to dump it in the toilet....and I do throw out the underwear (I refuse to clean them up).

I hope he'll get with the program extremely soon and hit the john when he's gotta do the doo.

Once this project is over and done with, I will be the happiest girl in. the. world!

8 Comments:

  • Ugh - potty training stinks (literally!). Good luck with getting him to drop anchor in the potty. That was my biggest problem with Danielle when I was training her - she would pee on the potty, but not go #2. It finally just clicked with her one day and we've only had a couple of accidents since.

    Nothing feels better than having no diapers in the house lol. Only thing is that Dani is not night trained - who knows how long that one is going to take ??!! (But I can handle that - I'm just grateful she has the daytime thing aced).

    Sending you positive potty training vibes your way!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/02/2007 11:14 AM  

  • Ha! Pinch a loaf. Haven't heard that in years. Reminds me of a phrase my brother-in-law used when he was younger as he excused himself to "drop some friends off at the pool."

    By Blogger Carey, at 1/02/2007 11:27 AM  

  • Holy crap (no pun intended) i laughed my ass off. You made such a challenging and enduring thing seem so funny. "penchant for pinching a loaf..." I would rather throw gitch out than wash them too.

    By Blogger Chris, at 1/03/2007 8:12 AM  

  • Jamie...I'm sooo close to closure with Jacob. I wish he'd just pull it together where the #2's are concerned.

    Carey...I wish Jake's kids didn't use his underwear as a kick board...it's time they swam on their own, LOL.

    Gitch?? I'm going to start making a list of Chrisisms. Between gitch and doinky....what else will you come up with next...LOL!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/03/2007 8:39 AM  

  • the last baby in diapers, after that the money you save can buy you a ticket to France sooner!!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 1/03/2007 12:10 PM  

  • UGH. I so feeeeeeeeeeeel your pain although he is farther along than Hannah. She just will not do it either way.

    I tell everyone that potty training is the hardest thing I've ever done - by far harder than giving BIRTH!

    Here's to Jacob getting his shit together! (I crack myself up)

    By Blogger Erica, at 1/03/2007 2:43 PM  

  • Corey...$ is lined up, I just can't make it out until August :(

    Erica...keep the jokes coming :P (I tried to think of a good come back, but my brain is shot, lol).

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/03/2007 2:45 PM  

  • Shannon, I tried emailing you but it seems that I don't have a current one for you anymore. Anyway, wanted to give you the head's up that parents can now join the OC New Me Challenge, so if you want to join, just send me an email. It might be another fun way to gear up for the triatholon but still keep it up through the whole year, and not just until June. Let mek now if you're interested- I really need parents to join to make it fair!

    By Blogger Allison, at 1/03/2007 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home