Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, January 12, 2007

Grrrrrrr

I was 20 minutes late for my appointment with my personal trainer (I see him once a week or two or three). I was late because I had to drop the kids off at preschool and of course Jake had to go to the bathroom. The downside of potty training is that you have to take the kid to the bathroom, go through the rigamarow (sp?) of pulling down pants, going pee, wiping the "peanuts" with toilet paper (I'm trying to convince him it isn't necessary to do that), pull up pants, wash hands....holy fucking god.

I finally get to the gym and the PT is with another woman because he figures since I'm late, he might as well cut into my time being that I'm not there.

I start my routine until he's finished with a set she's working on and he comes over and starts lecturing me about being late, that I should call, that we may not get a complete session in, blah, blah, blah. I couldn't call him because I didn't have the phone number on me, but now I know to have it programmed into my phone.

At that point I wasn't going to say why I was late because I was seething that he'd say all of this to me in front of the other woman plus a few other people who were in the room with us doing their own thing.

This is the third day of a migraine I've had and I had gotten it down to a low roar until my first set of pullups. After I completed the set, my head started throbbing.

I tell the PT this and he says "That's punishment for being late." Bite me.

I count situps I'm doing and said I completed the 15 and he says "Oh yeah right, you were counting one up, two down." (rather than counting everytime I sat up).

I let it all slide and just plowed through my routines with him.

I did a second set of pullups and my migraine exploded. I couldn't move my neck at all and sweat was pouring down my face. Luckily I didn't start getting sick to my stomach otherwise it would've been all over.

Between the PT being upset with me and my freakin marathon migraine I'm pretty miserable.

I've eaten well today, so I'm feeling good about that. No matter how much I workout, it feels like a big waste if I eat like crap. So, I'm really making a point to eat the healthiest foods possible. (Don't give me credit yet since this is only the second day I've eaten really well).

3 Comments:

  • You are awesome. The fact that you did not deck the guy and leave is well worth the kudos. lol Keep up the great work.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 1/12/2007 6:10 PM  

  • I just didn't want to waste my money (it's prepaid!!) LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/12/2007 7:39 PM  

  • Oh man, migraines SUCK! I don't know how you made it through your work out with one!

    Isn't potty training a treat?? LOL. I like the "peanuts" term lol.

    Hang in there - you're doing a great job with the working out - shows how determined you are when you're doing it with a migraine!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/13/2007 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home