Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday OC Challenge Update

Erica had a great idea to give a Friday update, and here I am hijacking said idea.

This past week sucked in the workout department considering the headache episode. Before the headache hit, I was working on jogging for a 1/2 hour straight and was doing so at 4.2 mph, 3 days a week. Then the headache hit and today was the first day back at the gym.

I was on the treadmill for a total of 40 minutes (5 warmup, 20 min. jog at 4.5 mph on a 2% incline, 10 minute walk on a 5% incline, 5 minute cooldown)...that adds up to 40 minutes, right????

No headache which is a good thing.

AND, I'm down 2 pounds since I signed up to do the Challenge.

AND, I still have to pay my money to Allison's PayPal.

This weekend I have to buy running shoes. My $12 Kmart sneaks just isn't cutting it. My feet hurt and my knees get achy. But I do ice my knees for 15 minutes when I get home.

That's it until next week....

7 Comments:

  • You're doing great! Congrats on the weight loss :) Keep it up and you'll be ready for that triathalon in no time :D

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/19/2007 5:42 PM  

  • Congrats on the weight loss!! You make me want to workout again!!

    Glad you didnt get that awful headache again!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 1/19/2007 6:35 PM  

  • Rah! Rah! Rah! You are doing great, and we will be cheering you on all the way.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 1/20/2007 12:48 PM  

  • If you're looking for running shoes, you might want to try Mizunos. Or go to one of those running stores where they look at your old shoes, how you walk/run, etc. and recommend shoes.

    Anyway, congratulations on your 40 minute workout and weight loss.

    By Blogger Ally, at 1/23/2007 11:25 AM  

  • Thanks Ally.

    I actually bought a pair of Nike something or others that felt great when I tried them on.

    I'm going for a run today, so they should provide the support I need.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/23/2007 11:31 AM  

  • go you - go you - go go go you!! Whoo hoo 2 lbs!!

    I'm glad the headache has gone (and hopefully stays away). You rock for keeping up with the gym.

    How's the triathalon mentor/buddy thing going?

    By Blogger Erica, at 1/24/2007 11:20 AM  

  • Thorugh it all you are doing it, and that is something to cheer about!!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 1/25/2007 4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home