Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, April 20, 2007

Scene From A Breakfast Table

(The kids are sitting quietly, eating a healthy breakfast of eggs, oatmeal, and milk. Jessica picks up a LimitedToo catalog showing a few cute preteen girls on the cover.)

Jessica: Hey Bren, which girl do you want to be your girlfriend when you grow up?

Brendon: None of them. Which boy do you want to be your boyfriend when you grow up?

Jessica: (scrunches up face, lets out a blood curdling scream, and then starts crying)

Brendon: (looking confused) What's wrong? You said the same thing to me! (looks to me) Mom, she said the same thing to me! Why is she crying?

I don't have an answer for him. We females are mysterious creatures.

Forgive me, but it's too perfect to not be said: If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, haha.

4 Comments:

  • Ha! How cute is that?!

    Teenage years will be interesting!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 4/20/2007 12:51 PM  

  • I can relate - some days I feel like that too! ;)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4/20/2007 2:14 PM  

  • How true it is! A woman thing!
    I love Bren's questioning...

    poor guys they never know what to say or what to do, we women are confusing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2007 3:38 PM  

  • Sometimes real life is more interesting (or funnier) than fiction. :)

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 4/22/2007 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home