Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, April 13, 2007

My First

Today I'm hitting the pool for the first time to begin the training of the swim leg of the triathlon I'm training for.

I have a Speedo bathing suit, goggles, and a swim cap. I tried them on and I look a little something like this:


I'm exaggerating really.

**********EDIT**************

The chlorine in the pool is brutal. My already parched skin is even more dry and now itchy. I didn't have ear plugs, so my ears are feeling a little achey from the bleach leaching into them. Plus, I ditched the goggles because the lenses are too big, so I need to buy smaller ones.

Aside from the items I listed previously, ear plugs are on the list of supplies to buy.

So once I have everything I need, instead of looking like a Sleestak from Land of the Lost (Kerri, take note of that), I will look more like this:

9 Comments:

  • I'm giggling over here.

    I'm picturing myself in a speedo, swim cap and goggles .... oh my god LOL.

    YOu know what though? You'll do great .. you've been working so hard for this and it'll all pay off in the end :) Have fun swimming :D

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4/13/2007 11:54 AM  

  • HA! Love this. A little Star Wars goes a long way.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 4/13/2007 12:03 PM  

  • Okay, just realized that wasn't one of the sand people. What the hell is that thing?

    By Blogger Kerri., at 4/13/2007 12:04 PM  

  • Ack! Is that a sleestack (sp?). Scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

    By Blogger Carey, at 4/13/2007 12:10 PM  

  • Kerri,

    You never watched Land of the Lost on TV?

    Carey's correct. They scared me too. You could hear their hissing before they'd show up. You knew trouble was on the way.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/13/2007 12:15 PM  

  • I'm with Kerri. I thought it was from Star Wars too.

    I should know better since Riley talks about Star Wars 24/7.

    Best of luck to you Shannon. I think it's great what you're doing.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 4/13/2007 3:36 PM  

  • Omg..I am sitting at work with little bursts of laughter!! That struck my funny bone!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 4/13/2007 6:24 PM  

  • I loved Land of the Lost. When I see stuff from it now I can't believe how cheesy it really was. lol
    You are doing so great! I love that you are following through with all of your goals. YOu Rock!!

    By Blogger Vivian, at 4/16/2007 9:51 AM  

  • Ha! Consider my note taken.

    (By the way, the extra stars in your "EDIT" portion are mucking up your sidebar. Cut out about ten of them and your sidebar should repair itself.)

    Email en route to you tomorrow, Sleeslak. :)

    By Blogger Kerri., at 4/17/2007 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home