Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No, I'm Not Going Crazy..........

This morning, the kids were outside and I was in the shower.

I hear the dog barking and then I hear a man's voice in the bedroom that sounded a lot like Jeff:

"Hello?! Anybody home?"

"Jeff", I yell out, "I'm in the shower!"

No reply. So I step out dripping wet and soapy and call out once again....

"Jeff! I'm in the shower!"

No reply. And there is no one in the bedroom.

I figure he went downstairs and can't really hear me. I look out the window to check on the kids and I don't see them in the backyard, but I can hear their voices, so I'm thinking that Jeff must be outside in the driveway with them.

I finish showering, put on my bathrobe and venture downstairs to greet Jeff.

The kids are at the door trying to get in. I locked them out because they've been traipsing through mud and didn't want them barreling into the house with dirty boots on.

Jeff isn't with them.

I KNOW I heard a man's voice, but there was no sign of Jeff anywhere. I realize he must've never come home.

I thought maybe I was going crazy.

I went back upstairs to get dressed and saw that there was "1" flashing on the answering machine.

I press play and hear:

"Hello?! Anybody home?"

It was Jeff, leaving a message.

I felt like such an ass.........

6 Comments:

  • That is funny. I am glad you noticed the answering machine, that would have freaked me right out. =)

    By Blogger Vivian, at 3/28/2007 10:53 AM  

  • Yep, that would have freaked me out too - I kept waiting to read about some other man being in your house and it NOT being Jeff LOL.

    That's ok - talking to an answering machine isn't so bad ;P You're only mildly insane - hee hee.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 3/28/2007 11:35 AM  

  • *snort* That's funny. At least it wasn't some strange man in your bedroom!

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 3/28/2007 5:29 PM  

  • LMAO!! That is probably one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time!! I did an old man laugh sitting here at work.

    LOVE IT!! I am going to read that again!!

    You made my night!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 3/28/2007 6:28 PM  

  • silly! (good thing it wasn't a strange man, huh?)

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 3/28/2007 8:49 PM  

  • I am glad this had a happy ending...:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/07/2007 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home