Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Even Our Dog Isn't Immune....

Ever since Brendon was diagnosed, I've been hyperaware about diabetic symptoms.

Jake's diaper was more full than normal....he got a glucose check.

Jessica asked for a second cup of water in a row....she got a glucose check.

I get a little headachey after eating a load of Halloween candy....I get a glucose check.

Our dog has been drinking and going out to pee like crazy and then gets so sick that she can't hold anything down and then develops diarrhea (all over my carpet for fuck's sake) and doesn't follow me around the house as usual....she gets a glucose check at the vet.

I was dreading that my dog has diabetes.

We got a call from the vet.

She's fine.

No diabetes....$200 later.

5 Comments:

  • I dont blame you for always checking. Ever since Emma was diagnosed I am always watching the kids.

    Glad your dog is healthy. Sorry about the bill :(

    By Blogger Jenn, at 3/27/2007 6:15 PM  

  • Yeah, I get paranoid about the kitties...

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 3/27/2007 8:48 PM  

  • I think I would pretty much make myself nuts if I had children. Totally nuts.

    Very pleased your pup is good and non-diabetic. And I too am very sorry about the bill.

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 3/27/2007 9:14 PM  

  • Geesh... 200 bucks! I'm in the wrong business!

    By Blogger Keith, at 3/28/2007 8:04 AM  

  • I check Sarah occasionally when she shows any one symptom. She gets mad at me and pouts, Lord help me if she ever does develop it.
    I am glad the doggy is all good.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 3/28/2007 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home