Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

D-Life Experience

1. Pat the Producer and Brad the Camerman came to our house yesterday to film a segment about Type 3 diabetics (a.k.a. the caretakers) for D-Life (CNBC Sundays @ 7 pm eastern standard time).

2. Jessica and Jacob were running around, doing cartwheels, and watching Brad adjust the family room and his camera to get the best shot during my interview.

3. When all was adjusted and I was seated, Jacob chose that moment to plant himself on my lap and wouldn't budge.

4. I forced him up in my room to watch TV....he wasn't happy.

5. I had to answer the same questions a couple of times over because Jessica snuck up behind me getting in the shot, and then Jacob could be heard screaming for me.

6. I finally got through the interview, went up to get Jacob.

7. He says "Mommy, I have to throw up" and while he's dry heaving, I rush him to the bathroom where he missed me by a millimeter and nails the toilet.

8. Pat and Brad were very patient.

9. The bus drops off Brendon and Brad films him walking home. Brendon waves to the camera.

10. Brad films Brendon and I going through our normal routine of glucose checking, weighing out a snack, and dosing for it.

11. Brad films Jessica and Brendon sleigh riding down our front lawn while I'm with Jacob as he throws up in the bathroom.

12. Jeff, Jessica, and Brendon are filmed playing basketball in the backyard where Brendon becomes combative.

13. I check Brendon and he's a 45. We treat with a juice.

14. Jacob throws up in the bathroom and has 103.7 degree fever.

15. Brad films me making dinner.

16. He gets a closeup of my ragged, dry, old ladylike hands pressing buttons on the scale....damn myself for not moisturizing.

17. Brendon wants to be interviewed. Brad and Pat want his room to be a backdrop, so they head upstairs.

18. Pat tells Brad to get a shot of me plating spaghetti on scale, Brendon and I adding up dinner carbs, and the kids sitting down eating dinner.

19. Jacob throws up in the bathroom. Falls asleep.

21. I fret over my slouched, trancelike appearance during earlier interview.

21. I agree to do a roundtable discussion at the studio sometime during the Fall.

15 Comments:

  • What a busy day! Hope it all comes out great.

    By Blogger caramaena, at 4/11/2007 9:10 AM  

  • Wow.. supermom!

    How is Jacob feeling now? It will be great!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 4/11/2007 9:28 AM  

  • Hey, this is exciting. Can't wait to see it on DLife!

    Also, brave to be so out in front and public with your life. :)

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 4/11/2007 11:50 AM  

  • YAY! I can't wait to see the rough cut. (And by rough cut, I mean the unedited footage, not your unmoisturized hands.)

    I hope Jacob is feeling better. :)

    Congrats on the filming. And I can't wait for you to visit the office in the fall!

    By Blogger Kerri., at 4/11/2007 12:03 PM  

  • Oh Kerri, you're in for a real treat, LOL. The outtakes could be an episode in and of itself.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/11/2007 12:18 PM  

  • Jakey is better, but home from school.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/11/2007 12:19 PM  

  • Woah!!! You had this coming up and you didn't share it with us??? LOL LOL.

    Poor Jacob - that was us on Sunday night - blech. Hope no one else catches it.

    That is SO COOL you're going to be on DLife! You HAVE to tell us when it's going to be aired. I don't normally watch it cause it's right at dinner time - but I'd make an extra-concerted effort to watch if you're going to be on it! (Hey, I have wrinkly old lady hands too if I don't moisturize - don't feel bad).

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4/11/2007 12:30 PM  

  • Thanks Caramaena!!

    I feel like naptime mom now, LOL.

    Jamie, I was thinking of posting about the upcoming festivities, but wanted to just pour it out all at once. Supposedly it'll be aired sometime in the summer.....I will give notice as soon as I find out the exact date....and hide under a rock, LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/11/2007 12:36 PM  

  • Oh, Man! Never a dull moment, eh? Can't wait to see that episode.

    By Blogger Carey, at 4/11/2007 2:18 PM  

  • That's awesome! I dLife with my husband. I can't wait to you on it. Do you know when the segment will air?

    By Blogger Annie, at 4/11/2007 3:42 PM  

  • Hi Annie,

    It might air in the summer sometime. The date is very much up in the "air" at this point.

    I hope you're not feeling too much morning sickness!!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/11/2007 3:45 PM  

  • I can't wait to see the segment!

    Too bad Jacob was sick. :(

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 4/11/2007 9:54 PM  

  • Exciting! I'm looking forward to see my famous friends on TV... :)

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 4/12/2007 12:11 PM  

  • How cool!! Cant wait!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 4/14/2007 11:46 PM  

  • Awesome!! We should have an autograph page in the OC with all the famous people. lol Can't wait to see this episode. Congrats.
    I hope your little guy is feeling better.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 4/16/2007 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home