Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Numbers Take On a Whole New Meaning

My mom is visiting for the weekend and yesterday, Jeff and I were in the process of getting ready to go out for dinner.

My mom asked what the kids should have for dinner, so I started setting things up to bake some mini pizza bagels.

As I started dinner, my mom asked Brendon what number he was up to.

He replied he was a 363.

Whoa, I thought, where the heck did that number come from? I decided to correct him after everything was set to bake.

Soon after, my mother asked Brendon what his number was now. He said he was up to a 400.

Jesus Christ, does he need an infusion set change? Why the hell was he rising like that?

I said out loud, "Why is he so high?" and told Brendon to do a correction. My mother and Brendon looked at me with puzzled expressions. Then it dawned on them.

"We were talking about how many times he bounced the ball in the family room. We had been counting how many times he could do it."

What a relief!

10 Comments:

  • OMG - LOL - I bet you let out a huge sigh of relief! That's funny though how everything is related to diabetes and how you immediately assumed that the numbers were his blood sugars (well, not funny, but kinda funny if you know what I mean).

    I'm glad it was his ball and not his sugars :) And, I hope you and Jeff had a night evening out!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4/15/2007 10:55 AM  

  • Night = nice.

    Just correcting my usual comment screw-up.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4/15/2007 10:56 AM  

  • I guess sometimes numbers can be fun... :)

    And re: your post below I loved LoL...

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 4/15/2007 7:52 PM  

  • LOL!!! That is great!!!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 4/15/2007 9:03 PM  

  • Oh the mind set of a mom. lol Too funny. I love hearing the D-humor bits and it seems kids can really come up with some good ones. I hope you have a bouncy day. (only in a good way.)

    By Blogger Vivian, at 4/16/2007 9:49 AM  

  • Priceless...would submit to Reader's Digest... ;)

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 4/16/2007 5:30 PM  

  • HYSTERICAL!

    By Blogger art-sweet, at 4/16/2007 9:52 PM  

  • Omg.. that is cute!

    As I was reading this my face got more and more serious.. I was getting so upset..

    Hope you and Jeff had a nice evening out!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 4/17/2007 8:14 AM  

  • I love that! Hopefully one day numbers will just be numbers again.

    By Blogger Carey, at 4/17/2007 1:46 PM  

  • Humor is a good medicine!
    This was a good one! LOL!
    A ball bouncing, that is alot of ball bouncing isn't it? In the house!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2007 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home