Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lean, Mean Snacking Machine

I'm not so lean, I'd like to think I'm not mean, but I am certainly a snacking machine.

I was about 15 pounds from my goal weight, but now I'm 10 pounds more. So, being the math whiz I am, I'm 25 pounds from my goal weight.

Shizznit.

With the training I'm doing, I was tricked into thinking that I can eat more. Well, I went overboard and now I'm paying for it. Running is harder, swimming is more difficult.....try strapping 25 pounds on your back and swim freestyle, biking is easy so no complaints there.

I'm very frustrated and I'm trying to psych myself into eating healthy, eating lean, eating to make me a mean swimming-biking-running machine.

This post bites. Just bear with me. Thanks.

8 Comments:

  • I'm right there with ya...

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 4/18/2007 9:01 PM  

  • You can do it, Shannon! I think it's so cool you're training for a triathlon. I wish I was but just got too much to do right now. I'm still exercising though so that's a good thing.

    By Blogger Keith, at 4/19/2007 12:32 PM  

  • Dude, I totally hear you. I'm freaking out about the sudden development of extra packaging that has cropped up. Time to beat it into submission!

    ::flexes aggressively and growls::

    By Blogger Kerri., at 4/19/2007 2:15 PM  

  • The post bites ...as long as it is not gay.
    Naaay..clip clop clip clop...umph...slap slap kick punch.

    By Blogger Chris, at 4/19/2007 4:43 PM  

  • I too made that same mistake!

    Then one day I asked myself "Self - you are playing basketball three days a week. It has been a YEAR. Why have you not lost a single effing pound?!"

    Well, because, like you say, I took that as license to eat whatever the hell I wanted!

    I've found that you can't cheat mother nature! If you eat a calorie more than you burn, she'll stick it somewhere!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 4/19/2007 7:27 PM  

  • Blah - food sucks ... but it's so yummy!

    Hang in there - try doing WW again for a short stint and see if it helps :) You can join me on the weight loss nightmare to good health LOL.

    Keep up with the training though - you rock!!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4/19/2007 7:56 PM  

  • Snacking...at least you know where the enemy is.
    Attack snacking!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/21/2007 3:41 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Manoj Singal, at 11/24/2011 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home