Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, January 26, 2007

OC Challenge Update

My eating is shot to hell and I'm not losing weight. I'm creeping up, but not so much since I'm still working out.

My Triathlon mentor thing is doing well. Here is my workout schedule:

Monday: circuit training, bike

Tuesday: Run, leg strength

Wednesday: circuit training, bike

Thursday: run, (swim)

Friday: circuit training, bike

Saturday: rest

Sunday: run, (swim)

I spend an hour on the bike, 45 minutes on the elliptical (this replaced running for now because my knees are hurting), and no time swimming since I don't have access to a pool...YET.

My circuit training is this (I do one set per exercise, then start over again until I've gone through it 4x's. Minimum is 2x's depending on time constraints):

BACK Seated row (4 sets, 15 reps, 50 lbs.)
ABS Flat sit-ups (4 sets, 15 reps)
ABS Flat bench knee raise (4 sets, 15 reps)
ABS Medicine Ball Twist (4sets, 15 reps)
CHEST Pushups (FB) (4 sets, 15 reps)
LEGS Lunges, Reverse (4 sets, 15 reps)
LEGS Hamstring Bridge (4 sets, 15 reps)

For my leg strength training, I do these.

6 Comments:

  • OUCH! That is quite the workout schedule.. good for you!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 1/26/2007 11:33 AM  

  • Nice. I bet you're looking awesome.

    By Blogger Lyrehca, at 1/26/2007 12:00 PM  

  • Wow! That's one wicked work out schedule you have there :) Congrats on sticking to it. I'm feeling out of sorts since my bum knee has acted up ... it better get soon fast cause I can feel the weight creeping back up on me (wrong direction!!!).

    Keep it up!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/26/2007 4:59 PM  

  • I have always trained and been involved with athletics for my entire life. I have taken fitness instructor and the most important thing i ever learned over the years is variety. Variety will shock your system and make it play catch up all of the time. You will see/feel the most gains when you changer' up constantly. But keep it fun and not stressful for your mind but only stress your bod.
    Your workout schedule looks fun and interesting. Its good to see your in full swing too. You better keep it up......! Were all cheering for you.

    By Blogger Chris, at 1/26/2007 10:17 PM  

  • Damn, girl. Looks like you kicked it up a notch! Go, Shannon!!

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 1/28/2007 8:15 AM  

  • Whoo! I'm impressed! The eating better thing will come...

    By Blogger Erica, at 1/29/2007 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home