Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Crazy Ass WW Leader...Skip To The 5 My Darling

I didn't post last week. I lost .6 pounds at Week 4 by the way.

Tonight my leader (if aliens ever land, I will name her as such if they ask) talked about writing a cookbook. She said when she mentioned it to her Nashua group, they said she should write a book about her life.

She told them if she did, it would be filled wirty dords and dirty jokes. I must be dyslexic because I heard wirty dords correctly until someone laughed and asked if she said that on purpose. She did.

I have a weigh-in ritual that is borderline disorder. I wear the same exact clothes every week or at least similar in weight. I don't wear a bra (gasp!!) and I step on the same scale. And I eat very light (as in light in weight) foods so that it doesn't add to my weight too much. I even take off all of my jewelry, even my wedding and anniversary bands.....my suburban bling adds weight, dontcha know.

A few weeks ago, a member brought a friend in who was joining for the first time. I could tell the friend was an amateur from checking out what she was wearing and the member pointed out to her friend all of her weigh-in mistakes (she didn't even know I was thinking what she was saying):

The friend was wearing a t-shirt, a hoodie, glasses, jeans, piercings, a headband, and lots of jewelry. The member listed off everything she was wearing and said it was going to add to her weight.

Holy shit we are all out of order!

I wore my bra tonight, and despite that, I lost 2.6 pounds.

4 Comments:

  • i wear the same clothes every week ... take off my glasses and jewelery ... and even my insulin pump. it's not just you ... and great job!

    By Blogger bethany, at 2/20/2008 1:22 AM  

  • Heyyyyy - congrats on the weight loss!!!

    LOL - when I went to the meetings it was the same - I'd take off any hoodie or sweater, shoes and would wear my lightest clothes. My WW leader said sometimes some people practically stripped to the buff to get weighed (we always did it in a seperate room). OY!

    Anyhow - you're doing awesome girl! Keep it up!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 2/20/2008 11:04 AM  

  • Great Job!

    By Blogger C.L.W., at 2/20/2008 7:46 PM  

  • Can very much relate.

    I am wearing similar clothes each week to weigh in at WW. I take off my earrings, sweater, insulin pump, and empty my bladder before I go. And I always wait to eat breakfast before I weigh in.

    In fact, I used to strip to whatever I could before I got weighed at the pregnancy clinic I went to. The nurses told me I was the only one that did so.

    By Blogger Lyrehca, at 2/21/2008 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home