Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, February 18, 2008

I Was Raped By The Marketing Machine...And I Think I Liked It.

The kids have been cooped up in the house all weekend since we were working on painting Brendon's room, so we decided to take the kids out today.

Jeff suggested taking them to see the much publicized movie, Hannah Does Montana (Julia has rights to Hannah Fucking Montana). And man, does Hannah do it right!

$15 per ticket.

Nowhere on the movie theater website, nor in the movie theater itself does it state that tickets, each and every fucking one of them, costs $15.

Jeff pointed that out to the ticket boy, so the kid gloriously cut us a break and charged us for only 4 tickets instead of 5.

We didn't even get to keep the 3-D glasses!

I was bitter and ready to rip the movie to shreds, but it wasn't half bad.

I can't say it was worth $15 necessarily, but the kids sat through it with only ONE bathroom run and only bugged us a short lived ONCE for more popcorn after they finished their share, so it was a pleasant outing.

We don't take them out often at all, so I'll let the cost of this outing slide.

4 Comments:

  • That's still an outrageous price for kids' movie tickets. But then again, her concert tix went for $75 a pop, so I guess the movie is a bargain!!

    My kids are not into her. Phew!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 2/18/2008 9:14 PM  

  • OMG, what's up with Hannah/Miley? Where did they come from? What is with the young people today?

    Oh...wait...now I sound old...! :)

    By Blogger Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy), at 2/19/2008 11:26 AM  

  • Concert ticket prices are astronomical for just about every act but $15 for a movie? How greedy is she?

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 2/19/2008 3:23 PM  

  • Naomi,
    I know. I'm still a little bitter about it.

    Araby,
    You don't sound old at all! But I wouldn't mind her so much if, like Julia said in her comment, she weren't so greedy.

    Julia,
    I was so pissed about being shafted like that. I think they took huge advantage of families because A. Disney originally said they were only releasing the movie for a week which I feel lent itself to the huge surge in ticket sales because nobody wanted to miss it and B. It's SOOOO unnecessary to charge as much as they did as well as not advertise it. They know that if parents find out the price ahead of time, they may not buy the tickets, but if they don't find out until they get to the theater, they know a parent won't tell their kid "Oh! Let's go home now. These tickets are too expensive for my blood." and then haul screaming kids from the theater.

    Plus, Hannah Does Montana charges $19 for her music CD which is more than any other artist charges. I didn't buy it based on principal. I wouldn't have agreed to take them to see Hannah at the movies if I had known they charged $15.

    It wasn't even in the IMAX theater!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/19/2008 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home