Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, February 07, 2008

I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore

Last night, I was working out on my elliptical, sweating away, watching Rachel Ray, while listening to my iPod.

During the middle of the workout, I got this wave of anger that swept over me (surprisingly, it wasn't because of Rachel Ray).

I am sick and tired of these goddamned 20 pounds squatting on my body for the past 2 years.

I gained 60 pounds while pregnant with Jacob, and I lost 40 of them. Those 40 pounds of fat cells knew they had overstayed their welcome and they scrammed.

But these last 20 have made themselves quite comfortable and I let them hang out.

Well, no more!

I'm sick of:

eating to lose weight

I'm sick of:

thinking about losing weight

I'm sick of:

reading articles about losing weight

I'm sick of:

working out to lose weight

I'm sick of:

depriving myself of buying new clothes because if I buy them and lose weight, I'll just have to get rid of them.

I'm serving an eviction notice to my 20 pounds and by the end of April, they'll be thrown out onto their tiny, plump asses.

I want to get to a point where losing weight isn't an issue for me.

I want to get to a point where if I gain 5 pounds because I pig out during the holidays, then all I have to do is lose 5 pounds instead of it adding to my pile o' fattiness.

I don't want to lose weight anymore.

I'm done with playing around with these little fuckers.

Beat it.
Scram.
Take a long walk off a short pier.

And now I'm doubley piping hot PISSED because my template is all fucked up after inserting that fucking countdown fucker fuck fuck piss mother fucking fuck fat fucking fat cells fuckers fffffffffffffffffUCK!!!!!!

10 Comments:

  • Please Shannon, tell us how you really feel. Also, here is a link to make your own countdown (which will also let you change its dimensions)

    http://www.yourminis.com/minis/yourminis/yourminis/mini:countdown

    By Blogger Chris, at 2/07/2008 9:42 AM  

  • Your closing tirade is even funnier when imagining it sounding like Beavis of Beavis and Butt-head.

    By Blogger Carey, at 2/07/2008 10:09 AM  

  • Thanks Chris. I'll go check it out.

    Carey,
    Cornholio can go fuck himself ;)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/07/2008 10:16 AM  

  • I love the use of the f-bombs in this post. It feels good to let them fly sometimes, doesn't it?? LOL.

    Now, today I'm jumping on my elliptical and I'll no doubt have the same "dialogue" in my head. (did I spell that right? dialoug, dialog ... yeah, I think I did...) Anyhow, turning all Dr. Phil here ...

    Good luck with the template. Nothing can fan a fire like something fucking with your template ....

    By Blogger Jamie, at 2/07/2008 11:12 AM  

  • Watch out, fucko.

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 2/07/2008 11:16 AM  

  • Jamie,

    We can be elliptical buddies ;) I'm going to check out the site Chris suggested. Hopefully it works and my template goes back to normal. Grrrrr.

    Nicole,
    I'm making my middle name, Fucko.... :D

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/07/2008 11:17 AM  

  • You success will be determined when nobody else is watching. Thats the right attitude - take that anger with you to the gym. Take some for me too, I've got an easy 10 that have been around me for about the last 15 years.

    One time I bent over sideways to pick something up in the shower and I was like 'what the hell is that in my way?!' Well it was a love handle - I was getting in my own damn way.

    By Blogger Brett, at 2/07/2008 1:42 PM  

  • let me know if the F bomb worked on the fat cells, cuz i got about 80 lbs of 'em i need to have find a new home. i'm thinking i'll call Mary-Kate Olsen and give 'em to her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/07/2008 5:27 PM  

  • Fuckety fuck fuck.

    I feel the same way about these extra 50! And I don't have pregnancies to hide behind, either!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/08/2008 12:39 AM  

  • dieting is not good for you, I'm sure you look gorgeous even with 20 lbs you don't want. Enjoy life and don't give the fat the satisfaction it wants!!! I've moved into the fat acceptance movement and no, I'm not a cow. (MOO!) I just am like you, fed up of being a slave to weight when I could be enjoying my life so much more. Eat healthy, get regular exercise.. that's all you can do. If you do those things and the fat stays, perhaps your body needs it for some reason and let it go. Studies have proven that overweight people are actually healthier than skinny people. I read the Junk Food Science blog and kateharding.net it's really opened my eyes about weight and I feel each day that I've moved on a bit more into ENJOYING my life and not being a slave to my fat. I'm healthy, no matter what the BMI says. Ask my doctor! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/12/2008 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home