Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

8 Is Enough

8 Things I’m Passionate About.
1. My family.
2. Diabetes (cure and improved care).
3. Eddie Vedder.
4. Irreverent writers/comics.
5. Reading.
6. Rainbows.
7. Unicorns.
8. A world without blemishes and swear words.

8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die.

1. Grow old.
2. Witness Brendon being cured.
3. Taste absinthe.
4. Travel through Spain, Italy, Morroco.
5. Lose the last 12 pounds I've got on me.
6. Not regret my mistakes.
7. Live a satisfyingly full life.
8. Hear my kids say "You're a good mom".

8 Things I Say Often.

1. Move it, you idiot (said to other drivers).
2. Why are you crying?
3. Let me drink my coffee.
4. No.
5. I'm dying (when something is funny).
6. Do you have/did you do your homework?
7. C'mon, stop it.
8. Oh my God.

8 Books I’ve Read Recently.
1. Answered Prayers by Truman Capote
2. Empire Falls by Richard Russo
3. A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle
4. The Apprentice by Jacques Pepin
5. Mrs. Bridge by Evan S. Connell
6. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
7. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
8. Music for Chameleons by Truman Capote

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over.

1. Why Do I Lie? - Luscious Jackson
2. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter In A Small Town - Pearl Jam
3. Trouble - Ray Lamontagne
4. Black - Pearl Jam
5. Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
6. Square One - Tom Petty
7. Bonnie Brae - The Twilight Singers
8. Given To Fly - Pearl Jam

8 Things That Attract Me to My Best Friends.
1. They appreciate me for who I am.
2. They make me laugh.
3. They think I'm funny.
4. They're genuinely nice people.
5. They're supportive.
6. They don't criticize.
7. They're easy to talk to.
8. They're down to earth.

11 Comments:

  • Never saw a poll before where Eddie Vedder outranks unicorns. And rainbows. Interesting...(;-)

    As for "things I say often" #1, my version is normally "move it you a******!"

    By Blogger Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy), at 2/20/2008 11:08 AM  

  • Of course Eddie Vedder outranks unicorns and rainbows. He's Eddie Freakin' Vedder.

    I love him. His voice is pure sex.

    Oh hi, I'm Graphic Kerri. Nice to meet you.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 2/20/2008 12:48 PM  

  • Araby,
    Now if I could ride on the back of a unicorn holding onto Eddie as we traveled on a rainbow road, that would be delightful.

    Kerri,
    I'm trying to clean up my blog. So I'd appreciate it if you could refrain from mentioning words like sex, fuck, shit, bitch, the "C" word (female) the "C" word (male), the "P" word, son of a bitch, dick, and other such unmentionables.

    Thank you for your cooperation.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/20/2008 12:54 PM  

  • Can't. Catch. Breath. Laughing. Too. Haaaaaaaaard.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 2/20/2008 12:56 PM  

  • Eddie Vedder is the best! I am sad to have not seen "Big Hard Sun" on your fav's. that is already one of my favorite songs of all time.

    Maybe not my top 8 tho.

    I just heard the C word on Good Morning America! Woah!

    By Blogger George, at 2/20/2008 2:11 PM  

  • "8 Things I Say Often."

    I was just about to post that #9 might need to be the F word...although then it would be in no particular order since it probably ranks higher. :)

    Amen on the cure...we continue to see more and more breakthroughs in things like amniotic stem cells. But equally as important are the maintenance technological improvements, with real time sensors, etc.

    By Blogger Brett, at 2/20/2008 3:41 PM  

  • George,

    LOL, I thought the song was called Big Heart Sun. I always get his lyrics wrong. Yeah, I saw a clip with the C word being said too. It was appalling. She should be arrested.

    Brett,

    If this were a blog of 9's then fuck may very well be on the list.
    Whatever it takes to find a cure, I'm all for it.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/20/2008 4:44 PM  

  • Your kids already know you're a good mom. Now getting them to say it is may be a different story. :)

    By Blogger Donna, at 2/20/2008 7:36 PM  

  • So, I'm reading your list and I saw Eddie Vedder and then I saw unicorns, rainbows and a world without swearing and I said (no lie) "Are you fucking kidding me?" And then I realized that, yes, you were fucking kidding me.


    I waffle about Eddie Vedder. On the one hand, he wrote Wish List, which is one of my all-time, top five favourite songs. But on the other hand, he's so...I dunno. Eddie Vedder-ish. Full of himself.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 2/20/2008 10:06 PM  

  • What, no Rescue Me? No Von Bondies C'mon C'mon?

    By Blogger Lyrehca, at 2/21/2008 4:57 AM  

  • Lyhreca,

    Bonnie Brae is from the Rescue Me soundtrack! C'mon C'mon has been played so many times in my house that I had to give some other songs a chance.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/21/2008 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home