Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I Will Prevail Dang It!

So much for a pleasant day spent strawberry picking. We went here first as it was on a list of farms that had strawberries as their crop:



And the place was a little too creepy for my taste. It was in a bucolic setting with an old red barn housing hay across the street. It had a charming garden in the back where it seemed not big enough for people to just come and pick their own strawberries. The New England charm of the home and property did nothing to ease this overactive, horror movie saturated imagination of mine. I walked up to the house and knocked on the door to see if anyone could tell me whether we could just pick a bushel (is that a lot?) of strawberries. No one answered or seemed to be home even though the garage door was open and an old hunting dog ambled out.

And it was sooo quiet.

I started thinking of the updated version of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre where Jessica Biel knocks on the door of an old Victorian and a legless man in a wheelchair answers the door. Instead of being repulsed and run away, she enters the house only to be felt up by him after obliging his request to help him with his colostomy bag in the bathroom.

Yeah, I didn't need to repeat that scene here, so I scrammed.

I then returned home and found another farm that I called this time and they told me I could indeed pick my own. When I got there, I saw this:



And then I checked the time and saw this:



But it didn't stop me from smiling:



Because there is always tomorrow (and I didn't feel the need to say "Fuck" one single time!).

10 Comments:

  • Hey! Love the pics - and yeah, that place looks creepy.

    Tomorrow, you will have berries! :) I have picked a few from my own garden but I'm anxiously awaiting to see the signs go up saying the berries are ready around town here. There is a berry farm just a couple of miles from our place that we hit up every year - and I know that if my bush is producing - theirs is! (take minds out of gutters please)

    That's a great picture of you, btw :)

    I really need to post on my blog one of these days *sigh*.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 7/03/2007 2:46 PM  

  • I keep checking your blog, Jamie! You vacationed with your inlaws for crying out loud. There's gotta be material you can draw on.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/03/2007 3:14 PM  

  • I frigging loved this post. Rollergirl like you could take a guy with a colostomy bag. For sure. Shannon Shindigger. AWESOME.

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 7/03/2007 5:06 PM  

  • I don't know Nicole, I'd use up all my energy dryheaving, LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/03/2007 5:27 PM  

  • :)

    I said that word quite a bit under my breath today at work.

    I swear, I'm thinking kids would be sooo much better than immature co-workers.

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 7/03/2007 11:02 PM  

  • I dont think I have ever been berry picking before! I think the reason why is the mosquitos in Manitoba are sooo flippin bad that turned me off. There arent any mosquitos (that i have noticed) in Toronto so maybe this year i will have to try..

    Great pics! I too think thats a great pic of you!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7/04/2007 9:33 AM  

  • Yeah, we have those "pick your own" farms here too..........but, I'd rather just have them in a nice plastic box in my grocery bag.
    Bending over in the hot sun is not my gig.
    Yes, the pics were great.

    By Blogger Minnesota Nice, at 7/04/2007 9:58 PM  

  • I loved your rant the other day. It was just like you were inside my head. :D

    That house looks like Norman Bates house - very creepy. I think I would have run, too. Or at least, walked briskly while doing my best to look unafraid.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 7/05/2007 6:14 PM  

  • Julia,

    I did the brisk walk just in case someone came to the door, LMAO.

    I think every SAHM could relate to or has experienced what I ranted about on more than one occasion ;)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/06/2007 8:15 AM  

  • lol! Oh Shannon. I am glad you didn't need to say the F word again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/08/2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home