Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Saturday, June 30, 2007

This Blog Needs More Cowbell

1. I heard "Don't Fear The Reaper" on the car radio today and couldn't get the image out of my head of Will Farrell abusing the cowbell. But I agree with Christopher Walken.

2. I heard the song when I was on my way back from a birthday party I took Jacob to. The date on the invitation said June 30 and to RSVP by May 30. The birthday party was actually for May 30.....the dates weren't even flip flopped and I'm wondering where they got June 30 from.

3. Flip flops incidently are my favorite summer accessory and I'm wearing them as I write this.

4. Brendon played his last All Star game today and to pacify an upset Jacob for missing the birthday party, he told him he could wear his medal for a whole day....until 1:52 p.m. Sunday.

5. I'm going for a 12 mile bike ride today and I'm going to try to beat my race time.

6. When I get back, I'm going to drink a Sam Adams.

7. The forecast for the next week calls for excellent temperatures and lots of thunderstorms!! Yay!

8. I'm trying to get 10 out of this post....let's see what I can come up with for 9 & 10.

9. Brendon is starting art camp in a couple of weeks. It's taught by his art teacher at school who happens to be Type 1. It'll be fun for him and a huge relief for me because he will be well looked after. Last year when he did the camp, Brendon and his teacher would test their bg's together before snacktime and took guesses on who would have the higher number. He's looking forward to doing that again during this summer's session.

10. I am currently loving "I Nearly Lost You" by the Screaming Trees (from the "Singles" soundtrack). I listen to it several times a day. If I knew how to play the drums, I'd be playing this song CONSTANTLY.

6 Comments:

  • I live in flip flops during the summer.

    Except at work, I have to wear shoes there. I don't want to get any bodily fluids on my feet.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 6/30/2007 4:40 PM  

  • That's an excellent song - I'd forgotten about it.

    Flip flops rock. I have about 6 pairs.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 6/30/2007 4:58 PM  

  • That is an excellent song, I agree. Well, wherever July takes us, at least we all have good taste in music :).

    Good luck with the ride today - and with the beer... (hehe)

    Also, on the subject of flip flops - am I the ONLY one who's bothered having things between my toes? Skeevy.

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 7/01/2007 1:53 PM  

  • Nicole,

    Wear flip flops often enough and you'll get used to the toe split thig-a-ma-jigger.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/01/2007 5:37 PM  

  • Ever since buying flip-flops for Hawaii, neither one of us can bear to wear regular shoes. ;)

    Didn't the parent(s) of the birthday party child wonder why no one showed up on May 30?

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 7/01/2007 5:45 PM  

  • Rachel,
    To make a long story short, I knocked on their neighbors door to see if they knew anything about it and they told me it already happened. I don't know if Jake was the only one who had an error on his, or if it happened to everyone in his preschool class. He got a big bowl of ice cream when he got home to make up for missing his first real birthday party.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/01/2007 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home