Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rescue Me

The title is a shoutout to my all time favorite show of all time. It's also what the lifeguards at THE triathlon will probably hear me burbling in the lake during the swim leg of the race THIS Saturday!

I blogged about it, told everyone I know about it, and even wrote for EXIST magazine for months about it to force me to save face, suck it up, and not drop out of the race.

Oh yeah, I mentioned it on the dLife episode I'll be appearing on which will be shown nationally on Sunday, July 29 at 7 p.m. eastern on CNBC (check your local listings).

So I've thoroughly nailed my coffin shut.

Wish me luck!

______________________________

Oh what a smart mom I am:

Last night should've been Brendon's first All Star baseball game, but it rained out after we arrived at the field. Before the official cancellation, I was sitting on metal bleachers under a tree pointing out the enormous amount of lightening strikes in the distance as the storm was plainly coming right toward us.

"Ooh, look at that! Did you see that Jess, Jakey? Look at all of that lightening! That's incredible. I've never seen so many lightening strikes all at once."

Not one person on the bleachers with me had it dawn on them that perhaps sitting on metal bleachers under a tree while a lightening storm was blowing toward us was the safest spot to be.

It took a coach to point it out to us. Oh yes, our children are safe with us.......

6 Comments:

  • Good luck on Saturday!

    Can't wait to see the dLife episode.

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 6/21/2007 10:11 PM  

  • Good luck for the triathlon!

    By Blogger Caro, at 6/22/2007 11:19 AM  

  • Busy woman! Good luck on your swim/bike/run.
    Have fun while you are doing it. That is the key.
    Chris (rubbing)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/22/2007 3:56 PM  

  • Good luck Shannon!!! You're going to do great. :)

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 6/22/2007 9:04 PM  

  • GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGO

    GO!
    Bravo!
    You made it!
    YOu did it!
    You have arrived to this long awaited day!

    Bravo!
    I am so proud of you!

    I'll be wishing you well all day long!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2007 4:42 AM  

  • Just checking up on blogs here...

    I have Shannon on D life written on my calander in my kitchen. I can't wait to watch.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 6/30/2007 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home