Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Allow Me To Brag About My Kid For A Moment

I'm still a little in awe of Jakey right now. This stunt of his took me by surprise, but I was quite impressed nonetheless.

He just came to me after finishing eating a peach with juice all over his hands and up his arms to his elbows and all over his face and chest (it was a juicy peach). He asked me to clean him up so we rinsed his little chicken arms in the bathroom sink.

He declared he had to go peepee, so he stands in front of the potty (it's important to note he was buck nekked after a swim) and before he could get a squirt out, I tell him I want to dry him off first. He turns so that I could grab hold of his hands with the towel and he starts to pee!! But it lands in the toilet!! He turned just enough so that the important part was facing the toilet and his aim was spot on....while I was drying his hands!!

Now why is it that when he's in an awkward position he has bull's eye aim, but when he has no interference from mom, he gets the pee everywhere but where it's supposed to go?

6 Comments:

  • Shannon,

    I know just where you are coming from. I have twin 4 year old boys and it seems like the more they concentrate on the task on hand, the more they miss the damn toilet. I am new to your blog and trying to read as many as your old post as possible. One of my twins was diagnosed with type 1 in late February. I have found so many great people out here willing to share their stories and teach us newbies that life will go on. I just want to thank you for your great bog.

    Kelli

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6/26/2007 2:07 PM  

  • lol, clever kid.

    By Blogger caramaena, at 6/27/2007 3:29 AM  

  • My mom still brags about me and my aim. Its just now i have a coffee in one hand and the newspaper in the other.
    So brag away.

    By Blogger Chris, at 6/27/2007 9:23 AM  

  • Caramaena,
    Clever indeed....somtimes TOO clever ;)


    Chris,
    There's gotta be a way you can make a living with that talent you have.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 6/27/2007 9:26 AM  

  • Well i can write my last name in the snow. And you know how long that one is.

    By Blogger Chris, at 6/27/2007 9:47 AM  

  • I know what a lousy speller you are, so if you can spell your own name correctly...I'll definitely be impressed by that....

    By Blogger Shannon, at 6/27/2007 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home