Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, June 25, 2007

Triathlon Stats

The results have just come in and this is how I ranked:

Out of 200 competitors, I ranked 169 overall.

For the swim (1/3 mile):
Time: 18:52
Rank: 166

For the bike (12 miles on a mountain bike):
Time: 1:15
Rank: 169

For the run (3 miles or 5k):

Time: 43:49
Rank: 169

I came last in my age division (29/29)...but, whatever.

Now, I can see the glass as being half empty and say what a shitty job I did and get all bummed out about it. But, I choose to see it as half full and say, I can do better the next time and will! After competing in something I've never done before, I now know what I'm in for, and how much effort it takes to place better.

I've registered for another triathlon in September. I've met my first two goals of crossing the finish line and not coming in last. My next goal will be to make improvements in my times. I'll just have to keep competing until I'm satisfied with the results!

9 Comments:

  • Shannon - I am seriously PROUD of you. I could care less what place you came in - you FINISHED A TRIATHLON!!!! Talk about inspiring me. - Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 6/25/2007 9:32 PM  

  • Nicole...you're the best :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 6/25/2007 9:44 PM  

  • You didn't do a shitty job - no way. You set this goal months ago and you completed it. That is awesome!

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 6/26/2007 8:32 AM  

  • Shannon - Wow! I'm so impressed. What a HUGE accomplishment!

    By Blogger Carey, at 6/26/2007 8:46 AM  

  • Are you flippin kidding me? There is no option to see the glass half empty! You did an awesome job. This was your first one ever. You met your goal. You finished the whole thing for crying out loud. You did better than strong grown men! (had to get the dig in =P)
    I can not even begin to tell you how proud we are of you. I was bragging about you to the big bear yesterday and he was greatly impressed. You follow your desire to push yourself and we will always be here to cheer you on. =)

    By Blogger Vivian, at 6/26/2007 9:21 AM  

  • Rachel,

    Thanks. You're cheerleading has gone a long way for me :)

    Carey,
    Thanks!!! And I KNOW you're not being sarcastic, LOL.

    Viv,
    You flippin rock, you know that? (and I totally caught the dig...heehee).

    By Blogger Shannon, at 6/26/2007 9:32 AM  

  • Shannon

    That's just amazing. Even finishing is such a huge effort and you came in ahead of 15% of the entrants. Wow!

    Now you know you can do it, I hope the next one is even better for you.

    By Blogger Bernard, at 6/26/2007 6:52 PM  

  • Shannon I am so proud of you. It doens't matter what place you came in, nor the time, YOU DID IT!! YOU did it! You accomplished your goal.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/27/2007 6:17 PM  

  • Shannon! Way to go!! YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT!!

    You are UNSTOPPABLE now!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 7/08/2007 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home