Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, July 02, 2007

How Did I Fall Into This Gig?

I'm about to sit in front of the TV with my coffee, 2 baskets of laundry, and Kelly & Reeg to keep me company while I fold and separate clothes as the kids run around fighting and kicking a soccer ball, and I yell at them to be quiet because their father is sleeping because he worked all night last night and they don't want him coming down all angry because they're making too much noise and he can't sleep, and then I invoke the Brady Bunch Rule by telling them I said not to play ball in the house.

This is all happening just this morning...I have about 11 more hours to go until they're in bed.

And I chose to be a SAHM why?

EDIT: I need to add some complaints. I'm having a hard day today. I'm hoping that writing them out will help provide some relief.

The dog fucking smells BAD. She rolled in something outside and I called the groomers, but got the answering machine. I hope I can get her in today.

Jessica's whining and screaming is getting on my last nerve.

Brendon wants to go for a walk and I'm trying to get the kids to get dressed and ready to go. Their transition times suck (triathlon reference).

The noise the kids make is getting to be unbearable.

Alcohol is losing it's effect (not that I had one....YET). One beer isn't doing it for me...I'm wound up tighter than a nun's who-ha. I don't want to drink more. I don't want to be a classic alcoholic SAHM. No wonder why 1950's and 60's housewives relied on martinis and Valium to get them through the day.

The house is a fucking wreck. I'm literally locking the kids out of the house so that I can clean up without them coming up behind me undoing all that I did.

I didn't even shower today nor will I because leaving the kids unattended is inviting impending fucking doom.

Jessica is crying because Jacob has her walkman.

OMFG it's only 10:38 a. fucking m.

Writing all of this out provided no fucking relief whatsoever.

Maybe it'll help if I say fuck out loud about 100,000 times.

Thanks for bearing with this rant whomever chooses to read it.

13 Comments:

  • Oh Shannon.. I so feel your pain.

    I have been there so many times myself. I think if you say FUCK a lot it might make you feel better.

    I hope it gets better soon..

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7/02/2007 2:02 PM  

  • Dear Shannon,

    What you need to do is Syllablize the word "FUCK." Say it F-uck or F-uuu-ck. That sometimes helps.

    Also, although it has failed you, beer is still king.

    I'm very sorry you're having a bad day. I have no good advice.

    Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 7/02/2007 2:08 PM  

  • Jenn,
    Thanks for the fucking sympathy (I'm inserting fuck as often as possible, it's not meant to offend, LOL).

    Nicole,
    Fuckin fuckhole fuck fuCK. I'm feeling better now, thanks :D

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/02/2007 2:19 PM  

  • I agree (per usual) with Nicole whole-heartedly. Adding those nice, cozy extra syllables to an F-bomb makes it that much more special. ;)

    I hope you're feeling a little less rantish now. If not, try some herbal tea? (And now you can say "Fuck you for such a stupid fucking suggestion!) HA!

    I'm done now.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 7/02/2007 2:26 PM  

  • Thanks Kerri, but I don't think herbal fucking tea is going to fucking cut it :D I am however feeling better with each fucking fuck word I write. Fuck. (hehe).

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/02/2007 2:28 PM  

  • lol Shannon. Hopefully today is better!

    Some days just aren't worth getting out of bed for, if you ask me :)

    By Blogger caramaena, at 7/02/2007 7:21 PM  

  • Caramaena,

    If only!

    I'm feeling better. Thanks :) I plan to get out of the house with them tomorrow. A change of scenery should do the trick.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/02/2007 7:30 PM  

  • FUCK Shannon!! You really need to move closer to me!! LOL LOL (F-bombs are fun to use when appropriate, huh?)

    Oy - sorry you had a crap day. We've all had those days - more often than we've wanted to. Hang in there and it'll be over soon. Then you just have to keep plugging away at it until summer is over and school is back in *gasp*!! LOL

    BIG HUGS.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 7/02/2007 8:09 PM  

  • Well, this is my first time here and although I could pretend to be offended - I'll just say this: You are living MY life somewhere else! Oh, yea... I don't have a dog but got a cat in heat. Does that count?

    Praying for your release into the sunshine and quiet - I keep thinkin' I will simply lose some of my hearing and I'll cope better but it hasn't happened yet.

    Tam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/02/2007 10:25 PM  

  • Oh, that lovely F-Bomb. I used it about twenty times describing my day to my wife this evening.

    It is a word that helps get out tension at least it does for me.

    I am sorry that being a SAHM can be so difficult. I know and saw all that my wife went through with our kids. I am thankful that she stuck with it.

    You will be too. After everything calms the fuck down.

    FYI - I saw a shirt that said, "fuck you you fucking fuck." When I saw it i thought, "Who would buy that?"

    I just got my answer! :) (I hope that made you smile)

    By Blogger George, at 7/03/2007 3:12 AM  

  • George,
    You're right, I would've bought that shirt, but only to wear in the house. I don't think wearing it to playgroups would be ideal ;)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/03/2007 7:02 AM  

  • I am sorry to hear you had a bad day. A very bad day. I am glad you didn't drink more...in hte long run that doesn't help either.

    The day has passed, (I am writing this a few days later,) and certainly so has the "bad day feelings."

    What I suggest is to have a back up plan. So when the days get wacked and the kids are wild you can pull it out. Or a back up plan for when you need an out.

    An oncall babysitter? A movie they haven't seen ready to plug it? A can of paint and some canvas to make next year's Easter banner? A bunch of ballons to go out and have a water fight? A closet to shut yourself in and scream, no no no that is not an option ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/03/2007 8:35 AM  

  • Corey,
    Don't worry about the drinking thing :) While I enjoy a beer on occasion to help me unwind, I was treating it as more of a joke of being a housewife...you know how it's almost mythical how women back in the day enjoyed mommy's little helpers.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/03/2007 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home