Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Workin' Out a Work Out and Workin' Some More

OK, after writing that title, "work" sounds weird to me.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon, Jeff jetted off to his brother's house for the weekend for some guy time with another buddy of theirs. I got the kids to bed and by 9:00 last night was able to get a workout in. I was afraid I'd skip it because I was so bone tired, but I'm determined not to break my 100 consecutive days.

I finished after 9:30 which is about the time we typically check Brendon. He was a 312. I called Jeff, who is incidentally a human calculator, to see how much he thinks we should correct him. Doing a full correction at this time of night is out of the question and amount to correct is a nightly decision. He said to hold off until 10 pm to see if he's rising or dropping. In the background I heard the din of a bar crowd...lucky bastard. I don't even drink, but the fact that he's out with adults is enough.

10 rolls around and he's now a 323. I call in to Dr. Jeff and he says to give him a 50% correction. He's says that Bren should be fine and that I won't have to stay up to check him. I couldn't keep my eyes open anyway and probably would've slept through even if I wanted to check him. But, Brendon woke up at a 226 this morning.

Dammit, I should've checked him. If I'm that determined not to break 100 days when I'd like nothing more than to curl up on the couch, then I should be that determined to stay up a couple more hours and check him.

No more cutting corners.

2 Comments:

  • I soooo know that feeling of being so tired and knowing that you need to stay up and re-check. I know that I will sleep through the alarm when I am that tired so I usually go onto the CWD website and chat with other moms who are either doing the same thing or they are across the world and it is just time to chat. You just must remember that unless you get rest too you will be of no use to anyone no matter what time it is. Hang in there and I am so proud of you for your 100 day efforts. Bravo!!!

    By Blogger Vivian, at 2/27/2006 9:16 PM  

  • Thank you for all of those uplifting words. You're the best, you know that?

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/01/2006 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home