Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Climbing Mt. Everest

Do you need a good dose of inspiration? Check out Ultimate Survival: Everest

Will Cross, who has Type 1 diabetes is part of the team of people chronicled by the Travel Channel show. He also has a website that follows him on his quest to climb major peaks and walk to the North and South Poles.

Here is another source of inspiration...Midge Cross. She is on an expedition to reach the peak of Mt. Everest as well. She is said to have diabetes (frustratingly enough, it isn't labeled as Type 1 or 2). I'm assuming Type 2 since she was diagnosed in her 50's.

On those days where I don't think I have the energy to complete everyday tasks, I'll think of them and hopefully will find a place to pull out the motivation I need.

2 Comments:

  • Wow! Now that is ispiring. I have always loved to hike but have never tried scaling rocks.

    I am setting my sights on section-hiking the Appalachian Trail (GA to ME) and doing a rim-to-rim hike of the Grand Canyon. No current timetable yet. Just something I would like to do.

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 2/17/2006 10:12 AM  

  • That's cool.

    Those two hikes would provide excellent material for blogs.

    Travel Channel has another show about Jack Osbourne training to climb El Capitain. It's a rock face that takes about five days to climb and it's completely vertical.

    That might be something to add to your list!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/17/2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home