Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hope and A Great Example to Follow


I'm sure you read about them, but their story is worth repeating.

The article is about two brothers who have had Type 1 diabetes for 81 years and still going strong. Read about how they did it and continue to do it.

Brendon overheard me talking about the article. He later said he didn't want to eat sweets anymore. I asked him why. He said he wanted to live to be 90. I said that's great, but he won't be eating cake, cookies, ice cream, or candy anymore (not that he gets those often anyway). He asked me what he would get instead of cake on his birthday and I said he could have a bowl of oatmeal with a candle in it. He wasn't too keen on that idea, so he decided that he would have sweets only sometimes.

Don't worry my sweet Brendon. You'll live a long, happy, healthy life. Happy Birthday (Feb 4).

3 Comments:

  • Happy belated birthday Brendan! LOL at the oatmeal with a candle in it ... wonder if Danielle would like that ???? hee hee. Sweet boy you have.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 2/07/2006 2:07 PM  

  • What an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing and happy belated birthday to Brendan.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 2/08/2006 10:29 PM  

  • These are all very inspiring stories!
    My story is not an inspiring, but I used to be a Type 2 diabetic (which is a lot easier than your Type 1!)
    I was blessed to be able to
    beat my diabetes by overcoming a diabetic coma, 4 insulin shots a day, and a 1337 blood sugar level -- primarily by focusing on green vegetables, bright-colored vegetables, Omega-3 fats, and lean protein while avoiding refined, processed foods, especially white rice, potatoes, breads, cereals, soda.

    Best of health.
    Sincerely,

    DeWayne
    DeWayne@DeathToDiabetes.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home