Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Real Lady's Man...oye!

Yesterday, in the playroom, I smelled something perfumy or cologny wafting through the air. It wasn't my perfume, but it did smell familiar. Jeff doesn't wear cologne, so it obviously wasn't his.

Brendon was getting ready for Karate and asked me to tie his sneakers for him. The scent became so strong, so I asked him, "do you smell something?"

"I'm wearing after shave", he replied with something short of a half smile. The look on his face didn't tell me he got into something he shouldn't, it told me that he was pleased that mom noticed.

"After shave? Where did you get it from? Dad doesn't wear after shave."

"Oh, uh, it was a sample."

"A sample? From where?"

"From a magazine. Do I smell good?" Again, that half smile was making it's way to his lips. I couldn't bear to tell him that he smelled like a "greasy variety beau hunk", a term I stole from "16 Candles".

"You smell great, but I think it'll be a little too strong for daddy. It'll make him sneeze."

"I thought he was only allergic to cats." This is a little white lie to keep them at bay about buying a cat.

"Well, he's allergic to a lot of things. Let's wipe some of that off. Where did you put it on?"

"Here...and here...here. Oh, and here too", he says pointing to his cheeks, nose, forehead, and neck.

I break out a baby wipe and remove the excess. Afterward, he smelled halfway decent.

"So what made you decide to put on aftershave?"

"The ladies like men who smell good."

"Oh yeah? Who told you that?"

"Well, C wore aftershave to school and Mrs. P said 'Ooh, you smell good, I'm going to have to give you a kiss'". (Mrs. P is so great with the kids making them feel special, so whatever compliment she gives them makes them walk on cloud 9).

"OOOkaaay"

"Do you think the ladies will think I smell good?"

"Yeah, but try to keep the application light next time."

The kid is 6 years old and I have how much longer to deal with this? Lord help me when he starts puberty.

8 Comments:

  • shannon--
    It's amazing how early we(guys) start trying to 'impress the ladies'. I developed my first crush in the first grade and kept it for 10 years. I still remember her name and her long blonde hair. Maybe that's why I married a blonde?!

    By Blogger Keith, at 2/28/2006 9:28 AM  

  • LOL... He's six-years old and already tryin' to impress "the ladies." OMG.

    Shannon, that boy is gonna be trouble :)

    By Blogger Sandra Miller, at 2/28/2006 10:30 AM  

  • That's what I'm afraid of Sandra.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/28/2006 11:05 AM  

  • LOL - that post made me giggle. Too cute.

    Yes, the teenage years are going to be interesting to say the least! LOL.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 2/28/2006 11:18 AM  

  • OMG this had me cracking up! It brought me back to 7th and 8th grade when all the boys would BATHE in Drakkar Noir - LOL. What a cutie ;-)

    By Blogger Erica, at 2/28/2006 11:57 AM  

  • LOL. At school there were two factions. There was the Drakkar Noir group and the Polo gang.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/28/2006 12:18 PM  

  • How sweet that he already knows certain little rules in life: Smelling good is a plus not a neagitive, Girls are worth smelling good for, and romantic ways are songs from the heart,having them is a good thing!
    Lucky girl who gets this boy!
    ps Bets the boys who hate to take a bath!!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 3/01/2006 9:04 AM  

  • Hehehehehe. Smelling good for "the ladies." That's hysterical. As long as he wasn't leering suggestively while saying that, you should be ok. Next week he'll think girls have cooties.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 3/01/2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home