Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, February 27, 2006

I'm a Little Late....

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

I typically listen to songs that have singability. But, these are singable songs that I've listened to for years (and am currently listening to), and have yet to be sick of.


Thunder Road-Bruce Springsteen. Thunder Road and Born To Run are two songs that remind me not to get stuck in a rut. If I do, I just listen to these two to get a little inspiration.

Born To Run-Bruce Springsteen. See Thunder Road.

Jersey Girl-Bruce Springsteen. I'm a Jersey Girl, born and raised. Need I say more? Actually it reminds of the summer nights before and after my Senior year in high school when my friends would call me and tell me to get ready to "go down the shore". Depending on our mood, we'd hit either the Seaside Heights boardwalk if we wanted to flirt with the guys, or the Point Pleasant boardwalk if we just wanted some fun girl time (because this is the place where guys would bring their girlfriends thereby rendering the guys un-pick-up-able).

I've Been Loving You Too Long-Otis Redding. I just like this song...and I like singing it too.

Me and Bobby McGee-Janis Joplin. This is a very singable song. If I ever take a road trip for any reason in my lifetime, this is a song I'd like to drive with.

C'Mon C'mon-Von Bondies. Blow off steam, work your little heart out doing cardio, clean the house in a frenzied panic when your neighbor announces she's stopping by in 5 minutes, dance like a crazy Breakfast Club kid. For whatever reason you listen to this song, you can't help but get pumped and crazy.

Black-Pearl Jam. Although I've gotten the lyrics in the first stanza wrong for years (making the song very sexy), I still find it to be a sexy song (even though the lyrics in the first stanza aren't as sexy as I thought). And I love to sing it.

2 Comments:

  • So with you on the Von Bondies' C'mon, C'mon. It's the best song for the Rescue Me show, too. Are you a fan?

    By Blogger Lyrehca, at 3/01/2006 3:30 PM  

  • Yes. That show got me turned on to the Von Bondies.

    I haven't missed an episode yet and it's one of my favorite things about summer!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/06/2006 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home