Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

We Have Lift-off....

**Spoiler Alert At End Of Post.**

Yesterday, the kids were anxious to get into the basement where I have my "home gym" set up.

Brendon needed my help with a certain move on my old school Total Gym. I held the handles for him while he got himself positioned on the platform and took the reigns. He wanted to know what move to make for the biceps, so I showed him. And then he kind of switched things up to workout different parts of his upper body.

As he's heaving and ho-ing, he says, "I'm doing this for a reason."

"Oh yeah? What reason is that?"

"My friend at school said that he's stronger than me and I said that he isn't. Some of my other friends said that he's stronger than me, so I'm going to prove them wrong. We're going to have a lift-off to see whose the strongest. We're going to lift a really big snowball at recess, tomorrow."

"OK, Bren. Keep working out."

--------------------------------

Later that evening, we were all sitting at the table for dinner. Jessica asked Jacob if he's still in love with R at preschool. He said "NOOOO. N is in love with R now. I'm not anymore."

Brendon pipes in and says, "You should have a lift-off to see who should love her. Start working out to get stronger."

Boys and their macho mumbo jumbo.

Update: Brendon won the contest. While A lifted a big, huge snowball pretty high, Brendon lifted it over his head.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home