Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, February 28, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering....

This is my life today:

A nameless member of my family (namely, one of the munchkins I live with) took an apocalyptic crap a little while ago and I'm waiting for the bathroom to air out since I don't have a Yankee Candle to burn in there anymore.

Once it airs out, I'll get set to play plumber, minus the crack, and take apart the bathroom sink to unclog the massive plug of wax stopping up the drain. I had a Yankee Candle blooming in the bathroom yesterday and someone decided to pour the pool of wax down the drain.

So yesterday after I discovered the layer of wax coating the sink drain and subsequently discovered that a pool of it must've set up in the elbow and hardened after I ran the water and watched the sink fill up, I began jamming a chopstick down the drain to loosen up some chunks of wax. And then I snaked a straightened out wire hanger (bite me Mommy Dearest...I have wire hangers in my house) and jammed that down the drain some more. Interesting tidbit: Wax floats. So everytime I let loose a bunch of wax, it would float up the drain and into the sink. Seeing large chunks of wax floating to the top gives me the same satisfaction as peeling off large flakes of skin when your skin peels after a sunburn.

I've figured out how to get my kids to eat their meals. Starve them. Don't give them snacks. And then when it's meal time, they'll eat. So now their appetites won't be filled with 99% snack food and 1% percent well rounded meal food.

Brendon had his last day of baseball clinic today. Other than getting pushed around by some of the older kids (he was the youngest boy in the clinic) he had a blast. He wanted it to last until Saturday. I thought maybe he was being bullied because he was the youngest twerp, but it turns out they were rambunctious and Brendon got caught up in the fray. He made plenty of friends and would like to do it again the next time the academy offers up another clinic.

6 Comments:

  • Ohhh, sorry to hear about the plugged drain :( Mine haven't done anything like that ... (yet) - they just write all over my walls with markers and pens. Well, mainly Danielle does - she's my graffitti artist. I'm just waiting for the day the toilet gets severely plugged (or sink) with some foreign object.

    Glad Brendon had a good time at baseball camp!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 2/28/2008 3:31 PM  

  • Fun times indeed. That baseball clinic sounded great. Maybe Brendon can offer some tips to Charlie. He starts baseball for the first time this Spring.

    By Blogger Carey, at 2/28/2008 3:47 PM  

  • Ha ha ha ha ha... I just howled when I read about the wax down the drain! Of course, that would be my first inclination too, seeing a pool of warm wax liquid in a bathroom. Dump it! That made my day.

    Please please don't give Dominic any ideas! :D

    By Blogger Naomi, at 2/28/2008 7:48 PM  

  • I don't think my kids did that - at least I don't think so. But they were always up to something. I'm learning all kinds of interesting facts about things they did as kids. They think it's funny to tell me that stuff now that they're grown up & I can't punish them anymore. But sometimes I would like to anyway. LOL!

    By Blogger Donna, at 2/28/2008 10:30 PM  

  • OH man! Major suckage! I HATE plumbing projects!

    Kids. Can't live with 'em, can't give 'em away.

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 2/29/2008 11:23 AM  

  • "apocolypic crap." LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/02/2008 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home