Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Running With Skizzers

It's snowing

and snowing

and snowing

and snowing

with more on the way. A foot when all is said and done.

I got my hair done last night and saw Rob's book reviewed in People magazine. I was startled (in a good way) to see him and his daughter, Schuyler, front and center on their own page!

My hair stylist gave me a glass of red wine and intriguing insight into the world of gay men. Without getting too personal, I was able to ask every question I wanted about gay men, how they view each other, etc. My hair stylist is the funniest, nicest person you could ever know.

Today, I am a blonde with a fabulous cut.

Last night, after my appointment, I headed to the grocery store to stock pile some food for the weekend and into the week.

I bought blueberries as an attempt to capture some Summer. This morning Jessica wanted to help me give them out as a snack and she dump a container on the floor.

Refusing to let Summer escape, I picked them up off the floor...that's right! I picked them up off the floor....and rinsed them off. And I served them to the kids. The floor was clean, so no harm.

I saw this:



in Bon Appetit magazine this morning in a Banana Republic ad. It's $200, so I'll just wait for a sale...if ever a sale is to be had on it. Or maybe I'll see something I like better for less money.

I'm making chicken soup right now. I had a couple of roasted chicken scraps frozen for such an occasion. I season my roasted chickens with sea salt, thyme (usually Rosemary, but I ran out when I last roasted them and bought some last night, so I'll sprinkle some into the stock), and marjoram. I kept the juices as well, so the stock will be flavored really nicely!!

Tonight I'm cooking Thai beef with some noodles I picked up at the Asian market a few months ago.

I'm in a cooking mood with this lousy weather swirling about me.

I'm trying to keep my head above water with all of this lousy weather swirling about me.

I'm going to make some peanut butter cookies in a little while.

Bye.

5 Comments:

  • must not look at purse
    must not look at purse
    must not look at purse

    damn.

    My name is Michelle and I am a purse addict and you are my new pusher.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 3/01/2008 3:08 PM  

  • Well I won't tell you that it's a beautiful cold yet sunny day here. Everything you're making sounds delicious. I love peanut butter cookies! That is a great bag. I am an admitted purse addict too. I have them all hanging on a wall in my room.

    Have a good weekend!

    By Blogger Jillian, at 3/01/2008 3:20 PM  

  • and snowing...

    10 more inches - I have to say that I have whined about it but, then I look and see that I DON'T have a pile of wet clothes at the door and wet/bored kids in the house.

    I did say a few choice words to the son who called to tell us it was 72 where he is.

    Tomorrow's chore - roof raking - !

    By Blogger meanderings, at 3/01/2008 6:33 PM  

  • I'm with Michelle, you are now responsible for TWO purse addicts relapsing :-) Aaaahhh...

    The chicken soup sounds delish!

    By Blogger Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy), at 3/01/2008 8:20 PM  

  • If i was a chick...i would be into purses too. Ironically Denise is in the market for a new one and for some weird odd reason i am looking forward to helping her pic one out.
    I noticed the ladies purse 2 weeks ago that was sitting in front of me at church and thought that it was the most spectacular purse i have ever seen.
    I pray none of the OC men read this comment!!

    ps. Thanks for the well wishes for our new one!!!(baby..not purse that is)

    By Blogger Chris, at 3/02/2008 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home