Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Insane In The Membrane

I don't know for how long, but my nerves are fried and frazzled. No reason in particular, but my sensory system is EXTRA sensitive.

I'm impatient.

Loud noises make me want to scream.

I get insulted REALLY easily anymore and it takes a LOT to insult me usually. If you leave a comment, be extra nice...thanks :)

Jeff has been getting on my nerves. I get mad at him for things that I shouldn't be mad at him for. I'd say something which winds up being wrong like for instance, I said Jessica will be 19 when she graduates college because she started kindergarten when she was 6, he'd correct me because she would in fact be 18, and I'd get pissed that he was right and I was wrong. And I get mad at him for a bunch of other stupid things.

I get upset with Jessica for constantly jumping on me to get a hug and kiss. And when she screams while playing (you know how girls scream) I have to leave the room to avoid flying into a rage against her because I don't want to scare her.

The kids are constantly calling for me....I mean, CONSTANTLY....asking me questions, telling me to get them this, that, and the other thing.

I need to live in a monestary for a while, taking a vow of silence.

And then I got pissed just a little while ago looking for a picture of a frazzled mom to illustrate this post. What got me pissed was this:



My mommy is insane
???? Nice. Real nice.

And here's the description of the book:

"My Mommy Is Insane" is an adorable children's illustrated book, written originally by Koni Coward as a poem. This humorous look at Mommy's frazzled nerves is illustrated by gorgeous artwork by Mary Lacro-Mauritz.


Oh yeah, mommy's insanity is fucking adorable, isn't it?

5 Comments:

  • Hi Shannon,
    Been there. I used to scream at my kids until I lost my voice. They finally just learned to ignore me. Don't worry; it will be okay; it will pass. Hang in there.

    By Blogger Donna, at 1/10/2008 8:22 PM  

  • I don't have kids (not even close), but just my own shit made me pretty "angry-crazy", as my sister likes to call yet, yesterday. It was just one of those days. I snapped on a few people.

    Hope tomorrow feels better for you.

    By Blogger Bad Decision Maker, at 1/10/2008 10:44 PM  

  • Shannon.. been there as well! It wears thin after awhile.. i hear ya!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 1/11/2008 6:17 AM  

  • What Bad Decision Maker said. I was a royal biatch for a couple days. Actually, some of what G has been saying is still sending me off the deep end.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2008 12:07 PM  

  • Holy crap woman ... I could have written this post. I'm emailing you ...

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/11/2008 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home