Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Can You Spare Some Change, Mr.?

Edit* I just had a guy come to my door reminding me to vote. Voting lasts until 7 p.m. tonight. 7 more hours of harassment. Hoorah!

Edit #2* I asked Jessica who I should vote for. She said, "Vote for Oprah."

I just receive the following phone call a few minutes ago:

"Hi I'm calling on behalf of Barack Obama and I wanted to remind you that today is Primary Election Day. The results are extremely close and it would make a difference if you vote. Barack is the agent of change and will make a difference if he becomes President."

WHAT??!! Today is election day?

I hadn't a clue with you people calling my house all day and night

And watching nothing but debates and candidates on TV and seeing every single story in the paper being about each and every candidate

And airplanes with banners to vote for Ron Paul buzzing over our house

And millions of campaign signs on every street corner...some next to For Sale signs littering our neighborhood.

THANK YOU for reminding me that today is election day.

Let's see. Who should I vote for:

Captain Obvious who thinks there should be change in Washington? I was in the mindset that we should continue down the path where Bush is leading us. But, Barack is so persuasive I can't begin to be opposed to changes in Washington.

Or how about Captain Clueless who thinks Big Pharma shouldn't be made out to be the bad guy. Guess who's gotten the biggest contribution from Big Pharma out of all of the candidates.

Maybe I should vote for The Huck who has Chuck on his side. Nobody wants to fuck with Chuck.

Thank you, campaign volunteer, for calling me YET AGAIN for the millionth time to tell me that today is election day.

8 Comments:

  • My worst nightmare is that Huckabee will get the nomination and get elected pres. While he's got awesome ideas about health care, everything else is totally opposite of what I believe.

    I still would love to experience one NH primary season. Just one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2008 12:31 PM  

  • Shannon,
    I too will NOT miss the dozen or more calls each and EVERY day. We have caller id so ignore them but it was becoming very annoying.

    By Blogger meanderings, at 1/08/2008 3:36 PM  

  • We have caller ID too, but now the numbers have switched from 1-800 numbers to local numbers.

    I don't know Brendon's school nurse # off hand, so I answer in case it's her, or some other person we know.

    I really should commit people's phone numbers to memory!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/08/2008 3:43 PM  

  • Hmm, this is going to get VERY interesting.

    I think the diabetes OC is going to be all over the map on this one. At least until the field clears a little...

    Too bad I live in a state where our primary was basically canceled because someone had the great idea to move it up. :|

    P.S. As I was typing this NBC just called it for Hillary.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2008 10:33 PM  

  • I never get called by politicians or their minions.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 1/08/2008 11:54 PM  

  • Oh that is right election time...ah the advantage of living abroad and not having a TV.
    I like Jessica's answer.
    Shannon you could move to France, where President's divorce in October and Re marry in Feb!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2008 10:12 AM  

  • "Nobody wants to fuck with Chuck."

    LMAO!

    By Blogger Lea, at 1/09/2008 10:36 AM  

  • What I want to know is who is going to come collect the 1,345,658 homemade Ron Paul signs that are littered all over our fair city. I am soooo tired of looking at them.

    By Blogger Paige, at 1/09/2008 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home