Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Finesse Of The Game


It's my turn to take Brendon to his basketball game this morning. Typically I take Jessica to gymnastics. So, I don't know what goes on at Brendon's basketball games.

Jeff went over good sportsmanship with Brendon.

"Brendon. You have to practice good sportsmanship at the game today. If you score a point, don't get too carried away."

"Does he get in people's faces or something?", I ask.

"Well, sort of. He did it to a girl the last time."

LMAO.

"He said something like, 'Thanks for giving my team the ball'."
(Let me make clear that he does it to bust chops and be funny. He doesn't say it meanly).

Groan......

Jeff continued on with what was expected of Brendon at the game:

"Don't yell BOOYAH, or IN YOUR FACE, or EN FUEGO."

4 Comments:

  • This post made me smile.

    Your son is beautiful, no matter what he does at his basketball game.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2008 8:03 PM  

  • Thanks :) Your comment made me smile.

    He played really well today. He's learning. He likes to joke around and bust chops.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/12/2008 8:12 PM  

  • Ahhhh, sounds like my kinda kid!!:)

    Just so you know I have been Type 1 for 41 years and pumping for 4.5 years and just went on the CGM last week.

    Just breaks my heart when I see kids going through this diesease, but we can hang around for a long life.:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/13/2008 7:58 AM  

  • Karen,

    Thank you for commenting. And I LOVE hearing from adults who have had T1 for as long as you have and are living a good long life. It's a great comfort. Thank you :)

    He's doing very well with this damned disease though. There are those moments (lows and highs that leave him feeling crappy), but luckily there are more good moments than bad.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 1/13/2008 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home