Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Whiter Shade Of Pale

He came inside with bright red cheeks from the crisp Autumn air. The color of his cheeks were pronounced by the rest of his skin. He inherited his pale Irish skin from his mom. But now it was a whiter shade of pale. Without having to check him, I knew he was definitely low. The meter confirmed it. 48.

I was feeling kinda seasick
but the crowd called out for more
The room was humming harder
as the ceiling flew away....


If I look for signs other than that one, I never find them. He says he feels the signs that are listed on the paper, but to observe him, you wouldn't know it.

This is the print Brendon chose for a special mention in Tudiabetes' Word in Your Hand project.


Together by Pete Revonkorpi

4 Comments:

  • Shannon, thank goodness there's a sign that you can see.

    "I was feeling kinda seasick
    but the crowd called out for more
    The room was humming harder
    as the ceiling flew away"

    Sounds like a low to me...

    By Blogger Naomi, at 10/30/2007 1:39 PM  

  • Yeah! Maybe the songwriter had diabetes.

    I'm going to add that to the post. Thanks :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/30/2007 1:48 PM  

  • I am sorry about the low. Lows suck. I like the print, very cool.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 10/30/2007 3:01 PM  

  • Lows stink. When I was younger one of the signs for my lows, was me drawing on things like the wall or my bedposts. Crazy, I know.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 10/30/2007 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home