Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This Is So Blogworthy It's Not Even Funny (Oh, But It Is)

Hanz and Franz (Jeff and his boss) were driving to lunch when Jeff started getting on his boss's case about blowing off going to the gym and eating crap after agreeing that he would resume their morning routine and get back to losing weight after taking the summer off (like yours truely).

Jeff's boss promised he's going to eat good again and offered Jeff....a PINKY SWEAR!! He made Jeff pinky swear with him!!

OMFG was I ACTUALLY LAUGHING OUT LOUD (I had to spell it out to emphasize how hard I was laughing) when Jeff told me this.

He said it happened a while ago, but he was too embarassed to tell me about it.

You have to understand the man that Jeff's boss is. He's badass. He shaves his head bald, he's got a don't fuck with me attitude. Even though he gets his eyebrows waxed, he is totally bad.

He grew up in the slummy 'burbs of Boston and has been in fights with men who were packing guns. He's seen it all and been through it all.

Yet he made Jeff pinky swear with him. I can't take it.

16 Comments:

  • ahahahaha, i wonder if the boss did it as a joke or if he was dead serious.

    By Blogger Albert, at 10/23/2007 11:33 AM  

  • Your ALOL response is completely understandable given the irony of the circumstances. :D

    It is FUNNY.

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 10/23/2007 6:04 PM  

  • LMFAO! that is fucking funny... i lov eit!

    By Blogger j.sterling, at 10/23/2007 6:16 PM  

  • Hey Jenn!!!! It's been a long time! I see you got married finally :) The last I knew it was still in the works.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/23/2007 6:37 PM  

  • shannon! it was dUSTIN! DUSTIN! lmfao! did he close his blog?!!? drama all around that one. lol
    i did get married! it was windy as fuck! how are you????

    By Blogger j.sterling, at 10/23/2007 7:35 PM  

  • LMFAO!! That's right! I can't believe I forgot his name. Yeah, he did some weird posting using pics from Good Will Hunting like he was playing charades and then one day his blog was gone.

    I was bummed because he was so fun to kid around with.

    Remember his friend (I think he was an extreme fighter) who would comment every now and then (the bald guy with the fu man chu) well he thought it was rude of Dustin to just get up and leave, LOL!!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/23/2007 7:39 PM  

  • Oh yeah. I'm good btw :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/23/2007 7:40 PM  

  • At least he didn't spit in his hand and make your husband shake it, I think that is the only other option for a deal like that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2007 8:28 PM  

  • don't mess with a man and his pinky swear. he might slice off that pinky if they break the deal! :)

    I'm glad your hubby didn't make you pinky swear not to tell anyone....OR DID HE?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10/24/2007 10:24 AM  

  • Amylia,

    LMAO!! No, Jeff didn't make me pinky swear :) He knew that me blogging about this was inevitable and there was nothing he could do to stop it :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/24/2007 10:28 AM  

  • You know, men have their special ways of expressing themselves. I agree with Amylia. Don't mess with the pinky swear!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 10/24/2007 1:05 PM  

  • The pinky swear IS coming back. Was watching the Patriots game the other day on TV. In the huddle, I saw one of the receivers pinky swear Tom Brady that he'd catch the ball this time.

    By Blogger Carey, at 10/24/2007 1:25 PM  

  • Heh, nice dig Carey, but we don't like the Patriots ;)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/24/2007 11:54 PM  

  • I know you don't.

    By Blogger Carey, at 10/25/2007 8:56 AM  

  • Oh....

    Nevermind then. I'll just pretend I'm not an idiot.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/25/2007 8:57 AM  

  • The post made me laugh out loud (yes, actually), but the comments were just as solid. :)

    Pinky swear.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 10/25/2007 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home