Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Miss Six Year Old Jessica


She's a broad:
"Is that boy who said goodbye to you your boyfriend?"
"No way. He tried to kiss me in preschool and I told him to get lost."

She's lyrical:
Strumming a guitar while singing "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood.

She's girlie:
She loves to wear costume jewelry and princess dresses.

She's a wildcat:
She'll jump on Brendon's back in her pearls and princess dress clutching onto him as he tries to buck her off like a rodeo bull and screams for me to get her off of him.

She's brave:

"Mom, is the Easter Bunny real?"
"Yes he is."
"Is it just some guy dressed up in a costume?"
"No, he's really a rabbit."
"Mom, you can whisper in my ear and tell me he's not real. I promise I won't cry."

She's affectionate:

She gives me a kiss and hug when she wakes up, every 10 minutes during the day, and at night when I tuck her into bed.

She's inquisitive:
"Mom, when you got boobs, were you afraid of them?"

She's athletic:

She's in constant motion doing cartwheels, handstands, jumping off of the highest piece of furniture.

Most of all:
She's my little baby girl who I imagine backpacking her way around the world and back again 20 years from now using all of her wonderful qualities to make her way through.

14 Comments:

  • :) happy birthday to Jessica!!

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 10/17/2007 7:27 AM  

  • Happy birthday Jessica!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 10/17/2007 8:18 AM  

  • What a precious gift little girls can be. Save this post for when she hits about 13. lol Happy birthday to Jessica and pat on the back and big hug for mom.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 10/17/2007 8:20 AM  

  • Happy Birthday, Jessica. Gorgeous Queen of All Things!

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 10/17/2007 11:05 AM  

  • Awesome post - you gotta save it for her :)

    Happy Birthday Jessica! Being six is so much fun :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 10/17/2007 11:46 AM  

  • Oh my, she's gorgeous! She looks so different than the last time I saw her (or a picture of her).

    Afraid of your boobs... hysterical.

    Happy birthday, Jessica!

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 10/17/2007 11:11 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Jessica!
    Ja må hon leva,
    Ja må hon leva,
    Ja må hon leva ut i hundrade år.
    Javisst ska hon leva,
    javisst hon leva,
    javisst ska hon leva ut i hundrade år!!!!

    Hurrah Hurrah Hurrah

    That is what we sing in Swedish. Basicly one is wishing that the person will live to be over 100 years old!

    By Blogger Chrissie in Belgium, at 10/18/2007 3:04 AM  

  • I'm late, but happy (belated)birthday to Jessica.

    I agree with Julia, she's gorgeous.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 10/18/2007 8:36 AM  

  • Thanks for the birthday wishes for Jessica!!!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 10/18/2007 10:29 AM  

  • what a great post. happy belated birthday to jessica.

    By Blogger Carey, at 10/18/2007 2:46 PM  

  • what a beautiful post. you gotta write more of this stuff down so you can tell her all the things she said and did at six. what a tender age. she seems like an amazingly wonderful little girl!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10/18/2007 6:43 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Beauty!!! :)
    Sorry it's a little late, but I hope you had a great day, Jessica.

    By Blogger Lea, at 10/19/2007 8:45 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Beautiful Little Champion!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2007 2:47 AM  

  • Oh my God, the boobs comment made me laugh out loud at my desk.

    Happy birthday, Jessica!

    (And were you? Afraid?)

    By Blogger Kerri., at 10/22/2007 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home