Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, September 17, 2007

The Reveal

This is the room for now. I still have to sort through the toys to match all the pieces together, hang some pictures, and either refinish the bureau or just paint over it. The latter sounds more attractive at this point.

I bought the curtains, roman shades, futon cover, pillows, rug, the damnable shelves that I had to assemble, and the containers on the shelves all at Target. Yay for Target!!

The toy strategy is that whatever can fit in those containers stays in the room. Whatever surplus stays in the basement until I feel like rotating them to give the kids a "fresh" supply of toys.

We painted all in one day amongst rantings along the line of:

Don't come in the room!
No, don't touch that!
The walls are wet stay out!
No, you can't help.
I don't know when we'll be done.
Don't you come in here!!!!
Aw Jake, you stuck your foot in wet paint!
NO!! Get back here, you're getting paint all over the kitchen floor!!
Give me a fucking break.

(Quotes by Jeff)

So while Jeff is trying to keep the kids in line, I'm calmly painting the window trim without getting impatient with the process, the kids' "involvement", or Jeff's rantings.

I wondered, why am I in such a good mood? Why isn't my blood pressure at boiling range? Why am I laughing at the funny things Jeff is saying? What is wrong with me?

And then it dawned on me: I was under the effects of my "migraine meds".

Ha! So that explained it. Nice, relaxing migraine meds.

Here are the pics of the "after":




7 Comments:

  • Spanky!!!

    I like it :) Nice job and congrats for getting it done! Doesn't it feel good to accomplish something like that?

    By Blogger Jamie, at 9/17/2007 8:55 PM  

  • Great job Decorating Diva!!!! It looks awesome.

    By Blogger Lea, at 9/18/2007 9:14 AM  

  • Ooh, "spanky". That's right up there with "swank". It feels great. I chased the kids out yesterday because I wanted it clean for at least a day.

    Lea, thank you especially coming from a diva such as yourself. Are you free on any weekends coming up for a mom's night out? We can even get together for lunch during the week. Let me know when is good for you.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/18/2007 9:33 AM  

  • It looks great AND very co-ordinated! Don't you love Target? (I personally am leading the one-woman charge for a Target in Canada).

    Job well done.

    By Blogger C.L.W., at 9/18/2007 10:02 AM  

  • Thanks! Yes, the coordination part was a very important factor. And I think you should seriously push for a Target in Canada. No country should be without one.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/18/2007 10:10 AM  

  • It looks great, Shannon. I looked at that rug the other night - and didn't end up buying it... Might have to now...

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 9/18/2007 5:11 PM  

  • I think it looks great! I used to pack up half the toys also - Legos were the ONLY thing we never put away, but ow! did they hurt when you stepped on one at night.

    By Blogger meanderings, at 9/18/2007 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home