Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, September 14, 2007

Dreaming Big

I've had ongoing posts about clutter and my battles with it. I. HATE. CLUTTER. The playroom has been my arch enemy with respect to clutter and now I'm taking it down.

I'm getting sick of the playroom. It's at the front of the house and anyone coming to the door can just look into the window and see the incredibly disgusting mess.

I'm horrified when the Chinese delivery guy comes to the front door and peers through the window to see if anyone is coming to answer the door.

I had a hunky landscaper come to the door about a month ago asking for a "tape measurer".

I would like to have pride in my home. While the rest of my house is adequate...as long as everything is tidied up, it looks decent. The play room, no matter how neat it is, still looks disgusting.

Writing on the walls, stains all over the carpet, toys and bits and pieces to games scattered all over the place. Something has to be done about this atrocity.

I spent an hour in Target looking at shelving units to store toys, window treatments to provide privacy, and area rugs to cover up the carpet since we can't afford new wall to wall carpeting or preferably hardwood flooring.

But I hadn't brought measurements with me, so I had to make a return trip and found just about everything I needed. I just have to go back to buy a few things, but I've pretty much rounded up everything I need to make the room sing.

Givin' a shoutout to Target!! I love ya babe!

By the time I post again, I will have the after pics....AND the before pics.

4 Comments:

  • Sometimes it's enough to do the important things -- the blood sugar tests, the proper food, the hugs.

    Don't worry about the housework. There's always housework. It will never go away.

    By Blogger Naomi, at 9/14/2007 10:37 AM  

  • Oh Naomi, you have no idea what the playroom looked like. I could be brought up on charges for some sort of neglect, LOL. It was really revolting.

    I should be finished with it by Sunday so that I don't have to worry about anything but making the kids put away what they took out. I'm hoping to make it as easy as possible for them.

    It'll be a big improvement over dumping a large container of toys to look for something they want at the bottom.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/14/2007 10:41 AM  

  • I hear ya. When we moved into our new house I bought an Ikea cabinet/armoire and told the kids that all of their toys had to fit into the cabinet. If it didn't fit it went into the garage sale.

    It was very successful. Now they actually have the toys they play with easy to find and I just close the cabinet doors.

    The only thing that doesn't fit is the lego but that's stacked nicely against the wall in rubbermaid drawers.

    good luck. C.

    By Blogger C.L.W., at 9/14/2007 11:11 AM  

  • Once your done, I'd like to hire you to come over and do my rec room, please ??? lol.

    I can't wait to see the transformation!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 9/14/2007 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home