Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Get A Grip Girl

I need to take some deep cleansing breaths, get my shit together, and be happy.

The summer has been quite heavy for me with Jeff working all day and into the night. I've basically been a single stay at home mother since around May or so.

Three months of being a single mom essentially without time off.

14 hour "work" days, 7 days a week is grueling.

The energy provided by the noise the kids make, and the needs that have to be met can be overwhelming.

Add diabetes to the mix and it's a wonder I haven't run off and sought refuge in a coastal Mexican town.

With school starting and me royally screwing up Brendon's first day of school, and me screwing up Jessica's first day by picking her up a 1/2 hour late (I got the wrong time stuck in my head....grrr), I need to get myself organized. And I need to feel buoyant again.

Jeff is taking the kids to his brother's house this weekend. So I will have much needed time to regroup, get organized, and do things that make me happy. It will make me a better mom as I've been pretty grumpy lately.

I'm going to go to the beach with just a beach chair, a book, some water, and sunscreen and relaaaaax.

And then I'm going to a local lobster shack along the shoreline and buying me a 2 lb lobster to boil and eat up at home.

So that's that. Hopefully by next week I'll be my humorous, happy self again :)

5 Comments:

  • Enjoy the time to yourself!

    I need some "me" time desperately. (More people at work have given notice and it has meant OT, which is wearing me rather thin.)

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 8/30/2007 9:15 PM  

  • Oh, an afternoon at the beach sounds great. Have some lobster for me.

    I stay up until the wee, small hours just to get some me time. I think I'm going to have to stop soon, though, because 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night just isn't enough.

    Re: Brendan and the lows the other day - have you ever done rescue doses of glucagon? You draw it up in a regular syringe and give it a little at a time - there's info on the CWD website about it, doses by weight, I believe, stuff like that. Just a thought for the next time, because god knows, there's always a next time.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 8/31/2007 2:03 AM  

  • Can I come? (although that totally takes away the "me time" from the "me time" if you know what I mean ...). I'd just sit beside you and not talk. Just read in a chair beside you and not say a single word.

    LOL (do you think that would even be possible??)

    Enjoy - you need and deserve it :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 8/31/2007 11:18 AM  

  • Enjoy your time Shannon! Well deserved!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 8/31/2007 5:11 PM  

  • Ooooh, beach and lobster rolls! That's summer at Misquamicut. MMMMM. All you need is a good book. Enjoy your time!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 8/31/2007 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home