Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

If I Could Save Time In A Bottle


Yesterday I bought the kids their new school shoes. They have a pair of sneakers and a pair of plain ol' workaday shoes.

This morning, they wanted to test them out to see if they could run faster. You know how new shoes make you run faster!

Picture this:

Each of them in nothing but a pair of skivvies, their sneakers, and nothing else. It's looked like a reenactment of the ancient Greek Marathon. I guess it would've been more authentic if they were sans the underwear and sneakers. But, anyway...

The three of them are lined up at the starting line at the far end of the kitchen. They're crowded with shoulders overlapping trying to gain position.

Brendon calls the start of the race and they're OFF!! Clip-clumping through the kitchen and into the family room.

Of course Brendon is the victor every time.

I see Jakey trying his damnedest to run as fast as his heavy feet will carry him, trying to keep up with his big brother and big sis. That's how it's been all of his life....trying to keep up....even since he was old enough to hold his head up. He'd squirm across the floor trying to chase after Jess and Bren.

I picture them as teens and think, Jake...one day you'll be at the front of the pack...so help me if you're testing out new shoes, clip-clumping through the kitchen in your underwear.

1 Comments:

  • Oh I'm laughing my arse off over here. Your comparison to an ancient green marathon did it ... now I can't stop giggling.

    The littlest one always catches up - he'll learn that one day :) It's just hard for them to understand that now ....

    By Blogger Jamie, at 8/28/2007 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home