Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Premonitions

More accurately....precognition.

When I tell you the following story, keep in mind that the three of us never breathed a word of our thoughts to anyone or each other until recently.

Firstly, for the past year or so, I've had visions of Jeff and the kids perishing in an automobile accident. The thoughts come out of nowhere and they've ranged from just a speck of a thought that immediately goes away as quickly as it's come, to vivid dreams with detail that left me in a cold sweat.

Two days ago, out of the blue, Jessica says to me, "Mom, imagine all of us died and you are all alone. Close your eyes and look at your future. Can you see your future, mom?"

For a five year old to use language in that fashion in addition to her speaking about something that I've been fearing was to say the least...chilling.

Last night, I told Jeff what Jessica said to me, and he said that while the kids and I were away in NJ, he had a dream that the kids and I died in a car accident.

I've had premonitions that have come true the same day I've thought them. And I'm fascinated by the whole power of the mind thing, but these instances are a little too intense for my liking.

3 Comments:

  • I hate premonitions. What is worse is that I've had a couple of mine actually happen.

    One regarding my dad's heart attack for a couple years beforehand. (Though not too strange given his health habits at the time & the amount of stress he'd been under.)

    About a month or two before Greg's college friend was killed in that hit-and-run, I had a dream that "something bad" happened to one of the group (not knowing for sure in the dream who it was). It turned out that a couple others had the same feelings/dreams/etc. Very creepy.

    But then again, I've had plenty that haven't come true. Some with EXACT dates, even. But I still hate 'em.

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 8/26/2007 3:09 PM  

  • Ugh - that is creepy. Has happened with me too - I keep thinking my parents are going to die in a car accident - both of them - together at some point. In fact, I've had dreams about it so much that I've almost come to the accepting fact that this is what is going to happen. It's so weird (now that you all think I'm nuts...). I think it's just that they travel so much (not to far away places or anything, but are always just jumping in their vehicle and taking off somewhere). Plus the fact that they HAVE been in vehicle accidents in the past ... that's probably why I think that way.

    Weird.

    Let's just hope these premonitions never come true!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 8/26/2007 10:12 PM  

  • Super creepy! Susanne has been preparing me for her death for years. Even tonight (death by bat bite). I'm not kidding.

    Must of been freaky coming from your 5 year old. Ugh! Hate talking about it.

    By Blogger Carey, at 8/26/2007 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home