Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mary Poppins Can Take A Flying Leap


Brendon walks into my bathroom as I'm applying my makeup.

"Mom, are you wearing that today?"

"Yeah. What, you don't like it?"

He gives a sneer and shakes his head slowly as he looks me up and down.

"You look like Mary Poppins."

I begged to differ, but the seed of self consciousness was planted and began to grow. Hell, if a seven year old boy who was dressed like a pickle thought enough to tell his mother that she's a lousy dresser, then maybe I was dressed ridiculously.

I was wearing a striped polo shirt with a denim skirt. I didn't think my outfit was entirely tasteless and offensive. Careless....perhaps.

"Do you think jeans would make a difference?"

He put his hand to his chin, and said, "Yeah, maybe. Which one is your dresser? I'll pick out a pair for you."

I pointed out which one and he pulled out a pair, brought them over to me, held them up to my waist and told me to hold them while he took a step back and inspected my new look.

"Yeah, I think that'll work", nodding his head with approval.

Friggin fashionista.

11 Comments:

  • "...dressed like a pickle..."!! ROFL!!!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 8/22/2007 8:00 PM  

  • haha, the kid probably has more fashion sense than I do. I'll keep that in mind next time we get together :)

    And, why was he dressed like a pickle!!

    By Blogger mel, at 8/22/2007 10:33 PM  

  • SNORT... Oh lord... The pickle and Mary Poppins... That would make B "Pickle Poppins..."

    At least he was dressed like a free food. Thank God he saved you - I mean, you could have left the house like that *GASP!*

    But, actually - I like plain denim skirt - was this one long with flowy red panels and were you carrying a pointy umbrella?

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 8/23/2007 8:01 AM  

  • lol, that's so cute :)

    By Blogger caramaena, at 8/23/2007 9:41 AM  

  • Wait - was your child actually dressed like a pickle? I must see photographic evidence of said picklesuit.

    And "The Pickle and Mary Poppins" sounds like a children's book. :)

    By Blogger Kerri., at 8/23/2007 2:28 PM  

  • K - I'm fairly certain Pickle Poppins appears as the "Tempermental Lead Singer" in Shannon's previous post... :D N

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 8/23/2007 3:00 PM  

  • You would be correct, Nicole :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8/23/2007 3:06 PM  

  • I don't know, Kerri. The Pickle and Mary Poppins doesn't sound suitable for children, LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8/23/2007 3:06 PM  

  • This pickle suit has me intrigued lol. Good thing he doesn't live here - he'd go nuts on a daily basis with my wardrobe LOL!!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 8/23/2007 10:28 PM  

  • Clinton Kelly better watch his back.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 8/23/2007 11:20 PM  

  • Oh my God, Julia... That's so f-ing funny - I emailed Shannon the exact same thing... Who does he think he is, Clinton Kelly???

    Awesome.

    My word verify is a creepy "TCAexile"

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 8/24/2007 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home