Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Can Someone Do Me a Favor?

Take me out into the woods and shoot me. Thanks ahead of time :)

Well today was Brendon's first day of school....only I DIDN'T FUCKING KNOW IT!! It wasn't until my friend called to see how life was treating me now that the kids are in school.

Me:
What? School starts tomorrow.
Friend: No, it started today...well at least for one of your kids. Jessica starts tomorrow, right?
Me: So does Brendon.
Friend: No, they start today.
Me: OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!

Time of phone call....10:30 a.m.

Mind you, my friend's daughter is in Brendon's grade.

Brendon was still in summer mode wearing his pajamas. So I raced up to his room, got him dressed, dumped the crap out of his backpack that's been sitting in there since June, and raced out of the house and to the school.

He has no snack...nothing.

We're going to orientation today for Jessica, so I'll drop off his snack to his classroom and diabetes info to the nurse.

The notice sent home to Jessica from the school said that school starts on the 30th. I thought it was schoolwide....apparently not.

12 Comments:

  • OK, now I don't feel so bad about not bolusing Riley for his breakfast a couple of days ago. (just kidding)

    I can just see you running around the house trying to get everything together.

    How did Brendon feel about going back a day before he thought he had to?

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 8/29/2007 12:49 PM  

  • He was crazed that he almost missed his first day. I think he would never have forgiven me if he did.

    He loves school and couldn't wait to get back.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8/29/2007 1:40 PM  

  • Excellent! That's pretty funny, Shannon.

    By Blogger OhTheJoys, at 8/29/2007 2:36 PM  

  • That's great that he loves school. Riley does so far and I hope he continues to do so.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 8/29/2007 4:13 PM  

  • I'm still laughing - never did that but - certainly could have. What a riot!
    Colleen

    By Blogger meanderings, at 8/29/2007 4:36 PM  

  • The winner of the best thing I heard all day award goes to Shannon. Strike that. The best thing I heard all WEEK. That's frickin' awesome!

    By Blogger Carey, at 8/29/2007 5:06 PM  

  • He might not have had a snack - but at least he had pants on. He did have pants on, right?

    This made me giggle...

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 8/29/2007 5:09 PM  

  • You know, I was almost too embarassed to post about this and was feeling like the world's worst, irresponsible mother.

    But I knew by posting it, you'd all find a way to laugh at it. And I really needed you guys to point out the humor so I'd see it too.

    By laughing at me, you're in fact laughing with me now. I feel so much better...thanks :)

    No need to carry out that favor anymore :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8/29/2007 5:42 PM  

  • OMG... I'm sure it will happen to me. I work in a small school, and my kids have all been with me, up until this year. Now they go to 3 different schools and are on a different schedule from my school. Something is bound to get screwed up!!!!

    After your panic attack, didn't it seem pretty funny though?

    By Blogger Naomi, at 8/29/2007 6:23 PM  

  • Yeah, it finally did seem funny :) And I can't wait until my three are in three separate schools in the coming years. Good times...gooood times.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8/29/2007 8:32 PM  

  • OMG!

    (I don't know how my boss, who has FIVE kids, handles it. Along with a full-time job, going to school part-time, with her husband doing the same.)

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 8/29/2007 9:44 PM  

  • OMG Shannon!! That is totally something I would do! Dont feel bad.. it all worked out!!!

    Lol.. funny stuff!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 8/30/2007 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home