Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Hampshire Drivers SUCK!

An incident occured a little while ago that prompted me to write this.

I love New Hampshire. But goddamn if I hate the drivers especially when it comes to driving through intersections.

No one knows who has the right of way and the lawlessness astounds me.

I was already in an accident because of some ditz coming the opposite way who thought she could plow through a left turn while I had the right of way to go straight.

That incident repeats itself with every driver I encounter coming through an intersection every time I go through one (without the accident part happening).

The part I stew over the most is when I see the offenders ranting at me from behind their steering wheel when I make my rightful way through the intersection whether I'm going straight or making a right turn.

When I have to make a left....holy shit! I happen to wait until it's clear for me to make that turn. What a novel fucking idea. I must be the one who invented that maneuver in the state of New Hampshire.

And today. Today is what prompted me to write this after years of stewing over NH's shitty drivers.

I was sitting at an intersection after picking up Jessica from school and when the light turned green, I proceeded to make a right turn.

I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY, RIGHT?

Well the mother-fuckin' trucker coming the opposite way didn't think so and made a left turn at the same time I was making my turn.

I had to stop short to avoid him hitting me.

I had my turn signal on, so there was no guessing what my intentions were.

Well he continued on, I got behind him, and when I saw him looking at me from his side view mirror, I flipped him the bird.

And then he pulled over and stopped.

And I could see his angry face in the side view mirror.

And I was afraid to continue past him because I didn't know if he wanted to rumble or what.

So I inched up, and then sped past so he couldn't throw something at me...or something.

Fucker.

I expected him to give chase to this mom in her minivan, but he got held up by the line of cars passing him.

Goddamn that mother trucker.

3 Comments:

  • Brandon is littered with shitty drivers. Old bastards that drive in between lanes, no one knows how to use a signal in this town (I guess you're supposed to become a mind reader when you move here) and little shits that drive like maniacs that take every opportunity to cut you off. I think my blood pressure goes through the roof every single time I go out in the van. I've started getting road rage ... I've become one of those mini-van mama's, speeding to avoid being cut off, cursing, flipping the bird ... it ain't pretty. Vince tells me to "calm down woman!" every time he drives with me.

    I feel for ya, I really do. Too many idiots out there.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 9/19/2007 4:48 PM  

  • Then there's Columbus, Ohio, which must be the most polite city in the world. I lived there for a while. Was waiting at the light to take a left, with my signal on. The person waiting at the light in the oncoming traffic lane gestured for me to turn left when the light changed to green (I had no arrow). I thought it was a fluke, but it kept happening! They let the first person in line turn left! How weird is that... especially compared to DC driving!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 9/19/2007 6:29 PM  

  • and then they move to Florida!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2007 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home