Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, May 26, 2006

Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood?

I watched Sesame Street religiously back in the day. I remember the song, "Who are the People in Your Neighborhood?". You know, the people that you meet each day.

We're getting new neighbors across the street...the house is finally sold. I was concerned that we would get some crazy neighbors. The kind with loud, obnoxious kids, a dog that craps on other people's lawns. You know who I'm talking about.

Not too long ago, before the house was sold, there was a couple taking a look at it. They seemed like a nice, clean cut couple...nothing too crazy looking about them.

As they came out of the house with the real estate agent after finishing their tour, my carpool neighbor pulled into my driveway to drop off Brendon. Jessica opened the front door and ran out to greet the boys. Along with her came Rypley, our incredibly loud barking dog, and Jacob clad in nothing but a diaper and big winter boots...in 50 degree weather.

Brendon and his carpool friend came running up the lawn and started doing a crazy jig around our loudly barking dog, screeching and laughing while Jacob ran around in circles and while Jessica crawled around the ground trying to squash ants.

It was then that I realized...we're the crazy neighbors. Shit.

6 Comments:

  • *snort* Yeah. I always sneered at the people with appliancec in their yards. Guess who has a washer and dryer sitting in her back yard right. this. minute? That'd be me, Julia "Daisy Mae" Clampett. Oy.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 5/26/2006 11:34 AM  

  • F-ing funny.

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 5/26/2006 12:07 PM  

  • This is hilarious, Shannon!

    By Blogger Kerri., at 5/26/2006 1:02 PM  

  • HA HA!!!! Too funny :) We were the same way a couple of years ago when the house next door to us sold - lots of people were constantly over to view it, and everytime we saw someone "weird looking" we would say "God, I hope THEY don't buy the house!".

    Well, as it turns out, WE are the neighbours you might not want to live beside either - two kids who tend to scream at the top of their lungs when outside, my hill-billy family coming over and gawking into neighbours yards yelling "Hey, Jamie! Why don't you do up your back yard like theirs???", etc., etc. Oh, there's more too - but I'll spare you the details .... we're just a bunch of freaks around here LOL.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 5/26/2006 2:30 PM  

  • lol! lol!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 5/28/2006 8:44 AM  

  • hmmm. There are 3 townhouses on our street for sale right now. Whenever I see a realtor pull up with a family, I trot the kids outside to show what a kid-friendly neighborhood this is.

    I wonder why those units haven't sold...

    By Blogger Kassie, at 5/28/2006 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home